MSFS - Add-ons and Releases thread

1 Like

OrbX released their Optica today.

7 Likes

Its sitting in my hangar as i look for some flight time today :slight_smile:

Cool! Let us know what you think of it. I’m doing a different kind of simming today (checkride day after recurrent training :grimacing:), so I won’t get a chance to try this one until tomorrow.

The user manual, if anyone is interested in a deeper dive.

2 Likes

Just got home from training and what do I do? Fire up MSFS of course!

For sight seeing, the OrbX Optica is hard to beat. Helicopter speeds and visibility similar to that of the Bell 47 but very stable and docile. It’s a beautiful 3D model as well. Flight model seems believable enough for puttering around. I haven’t tried the freeware Optica (maybe I should have), but I have no problem giving this one a solid thumbs up.

5 Likes

I couldn’t get the brakes to work? Like, i could not taxi?

I don’t seem to have this problem in so far as I can taxi just fine.

There is some quirkiness in that my left toe brake on my pedals also raises the hand/parking brake handle. The manual doesn’t go into any detail of how the brakes and steering work on the real aircraft.

1 Like

New version/New features
 and maps!

MSFS Addons Linker

image001

image004

1 Like

I think that I figured out my problem. I could not find a parking brake switch, so I assumed if my toe brake was moving the brake lever, it was working. When I used the keyboard command to disengage the parking break, I was able to move :slight_smile:

Glad you found it!

I just realized that I only have the Standard version installed, despite paying for the Deluxe Premium ($120)

I clicked on my account and it shows that version, but the upgrade tabs after claimed my Digital Ownership arent there to upgrade. Am I missing a step or two?

In the content manager menu ingame there should be buttons to click to install the content.

2 Likes

I solved it.
Apparently it defaulted to my XBox account and not my MS Store account. So it installed only the Standard. I logged out and logged back in under the proper account and it D/L’d another 4Gb.
So now, can I export my controls from one account and import to another? Or do I have to manually map everything again? It doesnt recognize my WinWing and Virpil stuff.

Thanks!
-Jeff

Another thing that might be confusing about the Optica is that when you spawn in the aircraft, the parking brake is off. Not a big deal, just different than the rest of the aircraft in MSFS.

A cropduster for msfs:

1 Like

Pretty honest review of a “payware” A-4 Skyhawk from MSCENERY.

1 Like

That is another example of the mushroom popups devs that appeared trying to get an opportunity to get some buck in the big market of msfs, developing it like an asset flip style. Imho that damage more the market than it helps
 because when a good addon shows up it only leverage the prices of good ones to higher prices.
Sadly in bigger communities bigger that problem that every turd that can takeoff goes to payware.

1 Like

Hmmmm I have all the tools on my PC I think.
We could literally make that a reality and try it out! :smiley:

3 Likes

Yeah and with an advertise phrase:
Turdware, were you have the luck that you can’t smell it!