MSFS - Add-ons and Releases thread

Announcing End of Support For all Project Mega Pack Projects (From the project Megapack discord)

Hi all. It is with a heavy heart that I announce the end of all support for Project Mega Pack Projects. It has been an amazing year and a half and I am so proud of what the team has accomplished here. We have certainly had our fair share of issues, and I wish we could have done more, but sometimes in life it is time to move on. That being said, this isn’t the end for me or for our team.

The A330-300 and A321 are open source, and can be found on GitHub Here:

Feel free to fork and continue work on these projects, and I am excited to see where they go.

Our liveries mega packs will be discontinued, as you can find many awesome liveries on flightsim.to here: https://flightsim.to/

I encourage you to continue following the progress of the 737-800 in Qbit’s discord: https://discord.gg/uMU4tQ4ZNu

I will be moving any of my projects over to my personal Discord server: Clink123
My primary focus has shifted from Flight Simulation to FiveM server development and the creation of my own historical civil war video game. If you want to keep up with my projects, join me over there :slightly_smiling_face:

I know you are probably disappointed by this decision, but I have to make this tough choice due to many real life issues and shifts in interests that led to this. This project has been one of the most fulfilling of my life, and I thank you all for being a part of it.

This Discord will remain online to allow downloads of our projects for the time being, but all support and downloads will be ending in the near future. Thank you for the memories and support.

Clink123 :heart:

Looks like I was wrong with my prediction that the Aerosoft Antarctica scenery would be released at the same time as the Twin Otter. I just received an email saying that it is available now. One more item to add to my shopping list I guess. :rofl:

3 Likes

And the pricing is a nice surprise too.

Did they hint anything about a Vol 2?

I think the only hint is that this is volume 1 so I guess that implies that there will be more to follow.

1 Like

We learned a lot making our first aircraft for MSFS2020, and we are determined to make each release stretch the envelope of what is possible within the the base platform limits.

Second aircraft for 2020

Building on our experience in MSFS2020 with the FG-1D Corsair, we have managed to bring more features, a deeper immersive experience, and more fun to the Porter.

The accurate and highly detailed 3D model blends delightfully with the visual realism offered by MSFS2020.
You can tell we’re proud of it right? But it’s the flight model of which we are especially proud.

Working with real-life Porter pilots has let us get down to the nitty-gritty of perfectly emulated performance.
We know you want to do that tricky stuff like beta braked short runway shenanigans as per Air America, or slow diving with skydivers, and the good news is that with the Milviz PC6, you can!

Pull the power lever down to engage Beta mode and turn that huge prop into a barn-door air brake. Lift the lever over the gate and the prop will reverse pitch - for ground use only! It all works just like the real thing!

Avionics

Our Turbo-Porter uses the default G1000, with minor modifications to suit the PC6, in addition to a Bendix-King radio navigation suite including the KAP140 autopilot and the KR87 ADF. For those that prefer something more old-skool, the forthcoming Stage 2 Release will offer a full steam-gauge option, alongside more radio and navigation options.

Please note that at this time 3rd-party avionics such as the Working Title Garmin G1000 NXi are not supported nor recommended. This extends to any avionics mods or community fixes. Regarding the NXi specifically, as it matures and becomes more integrated into the simulator as per the NXi development roadmap, rest assured that we will work to ensure that it can be used seamlessly in the Porter.

4-in-one

Swapping between standard wheels and skis is easily done in real-time via our Electronic Flight Bag tablet. The Stage 2 release will add options for tundra wheels and floats; comparisons to a Swiss army knife are well deserved!

The EFB configuration utility also allows the selection of passenger and cargo variants - Set the cargo weight using the nifty slider and watch as an appropriate cargo load automagically spawns in the rear.

Stage 2 Release

The current Stage 1 release of the Porter is a complete experience, but we have greater plans to represent this iconic aircraft in more detail. To that end, we are working towards an additional Stage 2 release that will feature separate models with floats and tundra tires to expand your mission profile, as well as an earlier representation of the Porter cockpit with steam gauges and multiple radio options to suit all possible wishes. As the technology in MSFS matures and expands, we have even more plans in store!

Once Stage 2 is complete and ready for release, the price will be rising accordingly to accommodate the many extra additions and features. However, those who purchase the current Stage 1 release will benefit from ALL Stage 2 upgrades at no extra cost. Your purchase entitles you to any and all future upgrades for this product!

More fun

What is in that mysterious crate in the back?
We don’t know! But we do know you can drop it out of the cargo door in the fuselage floor.

The default checklist system has been tweaked to allow completion from outside the aircraft. We hope you will agree that it is much more satisfying to remove those reds ‘by-hand’ rather than clicking on a checkbox.

5 Likes

Sad that is one of the must ugly GA bird and also is a shame that is another g1000 aircraft (nice that later we will have a more traditional version)
Because almost all addons for msfs are g1000 aircraft or military trainers/fighters, why devs of addons not archive the nirvana and produce like a f18 with g1000 for their topgun future expansion :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Well, they are going to bring a steam gauge version out too, but we have to wait for it.

I’m sure this is a bit of a blow for the team developing the other PC6 that looks to be fairly close to release as well.

1 Like

Picked it up, only casually messed with it. Planning on doing some testing tonight.

1 Like

For more screenshots regarding the PC-6 check out my post in the Xmas flight thread (PC-6 starts halfway through).

Initial impressions, it does what it says on the tin. I have never flown a turboprop, and can count on one hand the number of times I’ve flown on one (3 of the four being C-130’s). So I can’t speak at all to the veracity of the engine modeling etc. The system modeling isn’t A2A/PMDG by any stretch of the imagination, but it seems a hair more in depth than stock.

The in cockpit tablet lets you set up the aircraft with external tanks, cargo, etc, but you can’t adjust fuel (at least that I have found). Visually the model is decent, with the main issue being some labels and panel text is low res.

Flight performance is what I expected, but please note I am not trying to emulate anything out of the POH. STOL performance is good, and matches what I had expected. Now on to the Beta range descent…

Works as advertised, they helpfully link a YouTube video in the manual to a real-world video of a pilot using it in Papua New Guinea which clarified what it does, how it does it, and how to do it. I took the PC-6 up to 10k feet on a simulate skydiving type profile (up fast, down faster to get the next paying bunch), over flew the airfield drop zone, and then immediately went into a Beta range descent. About 20 degree’s nose down pitch, 85 KIAS, and a ~3500 fpm descent. I dropped the nose even further and had an almost 5000 fpm descent at around 95 KIAS (flaps were up), and maybe 30 degree nose down. Once I got near pattern altitude, pulled the nose back to level, left it in Beta to slow down to approach speed, added a bit of throttle to get the prop out of Beta, flaps down full, and touched down. Full reverse and brakes, stops on a half dollar. Total time was probably 3 mins from the start of descent. It’s a pretty wild concept and a lot of fun to do.

I was not able to torch the engine with a wide variety of different destructive behaviors, so I’m assuming that’s not modeled.

WARNING: If you have the Workingtitle NXI mod installed (even through the app store) or other G1000 mod, the glass deck is wonky. The AP is pretty much non-functional, and the GPS is mostly haywire. They mention this in the manual. From the website: “This extends to any avionics mods or community fixes. Regarding the NXi specifically, as it matures and becomes more integrated into the simulator as per the NXi development roadmap, rest assured that we will work to ensure that it can be used seamlessly in the Porter.” Also make sure to turn of airframe damage if you want to be able to open the doors in flight. This is also mentioned in the manual. If you do not MSFS will assume you broke the plane and end your flight.

TL/DR: Overall it’s a fun plane, and with the planned expansions to the base model should be a really solid addition to anyone’s hanger that is looking for a utility plane. At the current price of $29.99 I’d recommend it if you have any interest.

7 Likes

Hi,

with the recent Christmas flight challenge I started to fly in FS 2020 and wonder now if there’s a mod/addon that adds some visualization of passengers to the cabin? I’ve seen that I can allocate weight/passengers to the flight, but when I look back in the cabin it’s always empty.

Cheers,
TeTeT

Sadly there isn’t such a mod yet.
I only know one that adds a co-pilot, and an addon that adds passenger ‘management’, passenger related events and IIRC even their noises, but no visual models sadly.

From The Working Title Simulations Discord

SERVER

— Today at 1:36 PM

Hello @everyone, we have a hotfix available in the Marketplace for the G1000NXi, bringing it to 0.7.1. This hotfix addresses a number of issues introduced in some flight plan and VNAV behavioral accuracy improvements from 0.7.0, as well as some issues encountered with APR mode. We also have a few other small EIS display fixes while we’re at it!

As always, this is an Early Access Opt-In Beta, so there may be bugs or missing features! Please give us feedback and reports on Discord in our nxi-early-access channel.

Head to the sim Marketplace to grab the NXi, or go to Content Manager to download the update.

You can find the release notes here: Working Title /NXI - v0.7.1

Thanks and enjoy the update!

2 Likes

Just have seen this over at Avsim:

Looks nice… though I’d rather see the DC-3 being released first.

And btw the Ju-52 should hit the Marketplace today!

5 Likes

That looks nice. I’d like to see the Beechcraft Model 18 as well.

3 Likes

I’d love a more recent version of that for EITHER sim at this point.

1 Like
3 Likes

For you Copter Fans!!

https://flightsim.to/file/21192/native-h-60-project-wip

6 Likes

The Xmas flight is always a painful time for my wallet…

Looks absolutely amazing. I’ll post a write up in the next day or two once I’ve had a chance to take her up.

No manual and I don’t speak German, this is about to get interesting.

8 Likes

I picked up Iron Annie too…haven’t flown her yet though. Now I’m trying to decide if I should fly the 52 or the DC6 for the trek…and in the meantime I am not racking up any miles!..And today Aeroplane Heaven announced the Lockheed Electra (“coming very soon”)…

2 Likes

I went out and purchased Tante JU right away. It’s not exactly a pretty plane IMO, but it is nice nevertheless. The model in FS2020 looks very well put together. I decided to go for a short trip from Ramstein to Pirmasens, Zweibrücken and finally Saarbrücken. Without a glass cockpit I’d rather stick to familiar terrain…

Sitting on the runway I adjust my throttle settings, haven’t mapped throttle 3 and 4 so far - no need until now.

We’re facing west and are about to start from Ramstein airbase.

Gathering some needed speed to produce enough lift.

Crossing an Autobahn Kreuz, A6 and A62. Once leaving Ramstein airspace my plan is to follow A62 southwards toward Pirmasens.

The runway at Pirmasens is at 11 o’clock. Why is this windows bar not hidden? Sigh

Landing at Pirmasens worked fine until I slammed the parking brake, which toppled the tail dragger over… Oh well, another day, another attempt I guess…

7 Likes