Mudspike Country Club

You can turn that buffoon off by lowering his volume to 0. Your life will improve instantly.

1 Like

Yeah…I did that and put a Pandora station on in the background…LOL…

It all started so well. The greens weren’t quite as bad as I expected and was sitting at a respectable +2 at the turn.

Then the wheels fell off.

An horrendous back nine and I finished up 14 over. Ugly ugly golf.

1 Like

What a course. I can’t recall ever having so many :clown_face::clown_face::clown_face: shots in a single course before. Shots bouncing off of rocks. Shots into bunkers that rolled out of the sand and… onto the fairway!?

If the 13th hold pin placement on round 2 was supposed to get some lulz…

Putt 12 feet to pin, ball stops just short, rolls back 12 feet.

Well I lul’d

2 Likes

I swear I just pick these from the high rated and popular lists lol.

3 Likes

If only somebody created a thread of good courses that people have come across, so we can have a good selection to choose from…

Oh wait…

No - I love them! Clearly high rated and popular also means quirky and challenging…which is great. I like a little bit of mental exercise while I’m playing… You are doing a great job. There will be a little extra in your Country Club Management fee this month…! :wink:

Agreed. Keep up the good work. :+1:

I’ll add the two you’ve posted. We’ve already played the others. People add more courses to that thread I’m happy to put them in the rotation.

I’m hoping to get a major in and then the bug finale for the season and we’ll start another season shortly after.

If people have suggestions for how they want it run I’m game. If you’re happy with how things are now, as in mostly random, mix of free and non-free entries… That works for me too. Pretty low maintenance.

3 Likes

Yea @Rhinosaurus no way am I knocking the course choice. Just mentioning that it presented me with a fair few odd shots (which I must say… most of them worked out OK, but IRL should never have, lol!).

I enjoy seeing the sights, so to speak, in this game. Courses I’ve not played, or may otherwise not have ever played. I don’t often pick and play courses that aren’t on my PGA tour, so yea… I’d miss a ton of these courses.

Saghen, thanks for the reminder on that post. I’ll remember to add to it.

EDIT: And yea, I’m quite pleased with how the current events are setup/going.

1 Like

All good. I just want people to know I’m not purposely picking clown courses or mini golf courses or whatever on purpose. Want everyone to have a good time :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I love the clown courses. LOL. Some of the greens on Tropicana were wild. It was fun to try to put the ball in a spot on the green that would allow it to trickle down to where you wanted it. Fun stuff.

Enjoyed the second round a bit more than the first. I got the monkey off my back by improving on my 11 on #2 to a birdie… :blush:

+3 on the front and -3 on the back for an even round. I was pretty happy with that given the occasionally freaky holes…

1 Like

Nice work.

Some of the greens were intense. Hole 13, 2nd round pin placement (not sure if it was 1 or 2)… My lie there was the steepest I’ve seen for a pin in this game.

1 Like

LOL…who is pepg? He crushed us all…!

August National 2019 has been added to the society events list starting April 15. It’s a Major, so I’ve added a 1000 pt entry fee with a 1000pt bonus for the winner. 50% of entry fees still go to club. There is an alternate event for this which should be free for those who don’t wish to pony up.

The other event I added is free entirely. Feel free to add more course suggestions to the fav thread.

1 Like

nothing but the bottom of the cup… almost

almost

2 Likes

I’m pretty excited - I’m still playing my PGA Tour career, and I’m actually leading by two strokes in the first major event (The Legends Championship). I think it is akin to the Masters? Anyway, just finished the second round and swapped with the leader…he was up by 4 going in, and now I’m up by two. I didn’t even have the greatest round…I think +1 or something on the day, but it was a breezy one. Hoping I can not screw up the 3rd and 4th rounds…

Hooray…! Played a -5 third round and put some distance between me and the field. I couldn’t possibly screw this up in the fourth round with a six stroke leading going in right? Right??

skeptical1

Oooh… Kevin Spacey… Really? :yum:

Too soon?