Mudspike Country Club

oh, I was pure rotten this time around. Being distracted wasn’t much of a help either. I’d post my scores but they were bad enough I don’t even recall them, film at 11.

1 Like

Well that was a surprise. I had some fortune on a couple of the holes on the back nine and an eagle which helped. It did feel like I was getting the rub of the green.

Typical golf having thought I’ve cracked it, I just played a PGA career round and finished +10. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

2 Likes

I do like the feeling of sometimes being on my game and other times wanting to chuck my virtual club in the pond…it mirrors my memories of back when I used to play golf for real…

2 Likes

now if we were playing The Golf Club VR you could toss your virtual clubs into the virtual pond. I like to throw them at the wildlife.

2 Likes

Oh man…I had such a fun round trying to chase you down. Actually, up until the 15th hole, I was just playing to try to catch up to and stay a stroke ahead of @Sine_Nomine who I was trailing by a couple going into the second round. I managed to birdie 15 and 16 and then I though I might actually be able to perhaps tie you. Birdied the 17th and was pretty stoked…I mean, a relatively short par 5 on the 18th…heck, I might even be able to eagle it!

Grrr…no such luck. Good drive down the middle, three wood ended up just left of the green. A little flop shot put me about 7’ from the cup, but it had hella break to it and I missed that put. Par left me me one shot shy…but it was a fun chase!

Of course, right about now is when @adlabs6 cards a couple -7 rounds… :rofl: :golfing_man:

3 Likes

Conversely all I could think about was your 2 under for the first round and thought you’d be breathing down my neck. :sweat_smile:

That’s what I’m enjoying about the MCC rounds. There’s far more pressure than the single player PGA tour rounds.

I do agree with you, I’m fully expecting to get the @adlabs6 treatment. :grin:

3 Likes

Come on, guys… Don’t jinx me!

I just know I’m going to manage a +10 on the 2nd round! :crazy_face:

3 Likes

-5…see…I had $10 on -7 x 2 for a -14 total!

We know who is buying drinks in the clubhouse!

1 Like

ahem

3 Likes

Ha! One better than my score on each round. Nice one!

Oh dear…the Orange Juice Open Round #1 saw an interesting performance by BeachAV8R today…as he recreated a scene from “Tin Cup” where Kevin Costner hits several balls from the same spot out of pride…

So it was for BeachAV8R on #2 - sailing four balls in a row wide to the left side of the fairway, all dribbling down into the water, on his 235 yard approach shot to the green. He refused to be cowed by the hole, though he nervously eyed the diminishing number of balls in his bag. Finally making the shot, refusing against all common sense to take the easier drop near the hazard, he walked off #2 carding an 11.

Muttering as he stalked to the #3 tee…BeachAV8R was heard muttering “pour me another one Tawny” to his stripper/caddy who bounced along alluringly next to him…

3 Likes

+1 for tawny. Or is that -1?

1 Like

Oh joy… something to look forward to. :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m finding the putting challenging, particularly if there is a horizontal break. I can’t remember the exact words the commentator says, surprising because I hear it so often, but it’s something like “oh, so close, I thought that was in”. It makes me want to go round to his virtual commentary box and hit his virtual head with my virtual putter.

I’ll try and get a round in tonight, I predict I’ll be propping up the leaderboard.

1 Like

You can turn that buffoon off by lowering his volume to 0. Your life will improve instantly.

1 Like

Yeah…I did that and put a Pandora station on in the background…LOL…

It all started so well. The greens weren’t quite as bad as I expected and was sitting at a respectable +2 at the turn.

Then the wheels fell off.

An horrendous back nine and I finished up 14 over. Ugly ugly golf.

1 Like

What a course. I can’t recall ever having so many :clown_face::clown_face::clown_face: shots in a single course before. Shots bouncing off of rocks. Shots into bunkers that rolled out of the sand and… onto the fairway!?

If the 13th hold pin placement on round 2 was supposed to get some lulz…

Putt 12 feet to pin, ball stops just short, rolls back 12 feet.

Well I lul’d

2 Likes

I swear I just pick these from the high rated and popular lists lol.

3 Likes

If only somebody created a thread of good courses that people have come across, so we can have a good selection to choose from…

Oh wait…

No - I love them! Clearly high rated and popular also means quirky and challenging…which is great. I like a little bit of mental exercise while I’m playing… You are doing a great job. There will be a little extra in your Country Club Management fee this month…! :wink: