Mudspike Country Club

After a disastrous start, jumping straight into the Mudspike tournament without really having a clue what I was doing, I thought I had better get some practice in before tackling the final round.

Something with my putting seemed to click today and I finished a round 3 under par :sunglasses:. Lets hope it continues…

2 Likes

Another good round!

2 Likes

Started off a bit strong (for me) with the first round being a little all over the place but ending at least being on the right side of par for a change.

Round 2 I cut bad holes to a minimum, but just made worse mistakes on the ones I did screw up. Thankfully I was able to hit a 41ft eagle putt to negate those truly bad holes and again on the right side of par.

Then round 3 happened. While not absolutely horrid I understand why they ask for silence on real golf course as my now home from school children were screeching about and gave back both my good rounds at once and then some with a +4. They were being obnoxious enough that even in their rooms I forgot to get a screen shot.

Then for the final round. Their screeching continued (they were playing mario bros and apparently think that’s how yoshii’s talk) So it wasn’t going swimmingly to begin with but then this happened.

After declaring it unplayable, and my only option being to play it directly behind a tree behind the stand yet again I proceeded to… hit it right back in the same damn spot. After just smashing the ball into the fence a few times for the hell of it, then declaring it unplayable yet again, I hit it on the green this time but I was already at +7 for the hole. and Finished the round with a +11 for an overall of +13

I F@#!@#$ hate golf (also as soon as I was done the kids stopped play mario bros…)

3 Likes

Is the next Mudspike event already available? I’ll have to check tonight. Been a bit busy at work and haven’t been able to play a round in a few days (that means a double-bogey is assured on #1)…

Yes it is available, I started it today.

1 Like

The putting still has not come together for me. Trying to watch the golfer animation to gauge power still feels alot like a guess.

2 Likes

Hmm…I parred the first hole and thought I was on a good round…then promptly bogeyed the next. Weird round. Two eagles, three bogies, and a couple birdies. -4 through the first round…I know some have finished the whole tournament so I probably have a lot of ground to make up. Winds were from calm to 7 or 8mph which was a nice variety…

I blame my erratic play on the fact that my news shoes and shirt don’t match. That watch might be throwing off my swing too… :wink:

2 Likes

Ugh…a horrible second round. I swear, the par-3s on this course are killing me…bogied three out of four of them…and no eagles on this round to bail me out. A dreadful three over 75 round… More tequila may or may not help… :thinking:

OK - tequila definitely helped. As did putting Pandora on in the backround and just rocking out throughout the round…haha…

Managed a -5 round for the third round with a nice string of eagle, bird, bird, bird, eagle. Would have been -7 but I put one in the water on the 18th. I had the ball above my feet for my second shot and stupidly did not account for the left pulling tendency there…argh!

Almost hit a hole in one…still haven’t managed that in this game. Sounds like a little White Zombie was playing in the background for that shot…LOL…I don’t know if I could get away with that at Augusta… :rofl: Maybe I need dreds on my character…

https://youtu.be/FOhTGsv9ThM

LOL…the definition of choking…on the 17th hole of the final round. Tied with @adlabs6…all I gotta do is par the hole to split first place.

Not one but TWO in the water! :rofl: Snowman on the final hole! :snowman:

So…the moral of the story, two large margaritas are perfect…three…err…has consequences…

1 Like

Drinking certainly did not help me in this game lol.

I’ll try and get to this week’s round in a couple days.

I put one in the water on 18 on my final round, too. Then I had to chip from the concrete area with the crowd, across the water!

Weird but worked.

1 Like

Currently playing the Waste Management Open (4 rounds) and am on the second round, tied for first place. Funny thing happened on the second round, I’m on the first tee and I can’t select a driver. I had been futzing around with my golfer, customizing some clubs, and I didn’t realize I had swapped out a 3-wood for the driver in my bag. I went and changed the club in my profile, but you can’t switch clubs mid-round (that is a real golf rule I believe) so I had to play the entire round without a driver. Hopefully the club will be available for the third round.

Hey…finally got another win - pulled out a four round win at the Waste Management Phoenix Open (otherwise known as Poop in the Desert). Went into the final round tied for first place, and figured I’d crumble and get a bunch of double bogeys, but played a respectable -5 and didn’t get the yips anywhere on the course. It helped that I got my driver back too…haha…

1 Like

Nice!

I finally started my PGA Tour career. Early days, but doing OK. I do like the UI change and some of the “flash” that makes it seem different from a typical round.

Yeah…the galleries are kinda cool. There are some special holes during the Poop in the Desert tournament that are really nifty with regards to the spectacle of the event.

Man…I should have known better than to try to play without being able to have a beer next to me. On call, so no alcohol for four days…sigh…resulting in a +4 first round. I was all over the place.

Can’t we have any Mudspike society events without having to pony up coins? I literally know before even playing that i will be near last, if not last. I don’t feel like constantly giving up coin for 0 chance of winning or getting a top 3.

LOL…well, if it is any consolation, the last event it looked like the purse was less money than the entry fee… :smile: I dunno, I don’t have any problem with it because I’ve earned several thousand coins just playing the Dot Com rounds.

My second round in that last event was better…but still horrible. I must have been being chased around by an ex-girlfriend with a golf club…

Yes I’ll throw in some events that are free to enter :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like