Mudspike Country Club

I manged to hold on to a decently par game for Round 2.

And yea, personally I don’t care about the winning coins in the Mudspike Society events. Do the coins have any function outside of fashion accessories?

As far as getting coins, I’ve earned about 10k of them from my FedEX career mode, on Medium difficulty, and my not even scoring super well, sometimes. I’ve barely spent any coins on fashion accessories, since I have won a few accessories I liked from XP increases as I play. I wonder if resetting the FedEX career lets me earn those coins all over again?

1 Like

Well, not the best, not the worst, but tied with a sober @BeachAV8R overall. Instead of focusing on being bad at things, let’s look at two things I was surprisingly good at so far this season

Go me! (if you want to know why i’ve been so bad look at my putting stats :joy: )

Ah, very nice. Putting is still the tough part for me. I’ve about got the power side of it down, but reading the break… still worse than coin toss.

And in those screenshots… Rhino, you really need to do something about those ratty looking miniblinds in our clubhouse!

2 Likes

I’m looking forward to the round sometime in the future when I hit every fairway and green in regulation. That would be like bowling 300 for me…

I can spend some coinage on a nicer looking clubhouse

Took a crack at the latest event after taking a few days off. Bad idea. Should have played a warmup round.

1 Like

Geez, and ruin that early American hillbilly atmosphere.

Wheels

2 Likes

Wow…that Desert Strike Open at Valle de los Reyes is a tough track. I thought I was in for a nightmare round initially. The first couple of holes are super-tight. I think I hit about 20% of fairways in this round…and I can’t think of another course where I’ve had to contour shots (fade and draw) around obstacles. I lucked out with some shots and I thought a +1 round was a sigh of relief.

2 Likes

I had actually practiced that one beforehand for the first time doing this and had gotten my score under par. Feeling good I went in and promptly pooped all over the bed. My putting failed big time as I came up short by less than a foot on no less than 5 occasions and had at least 8 putts that rimmed out or rode the rim on the way by. So yeah :frowning: and this is why people need to stop caring if aren’t going to be first, it’s for fun. I mean, people don’t stop doing the x-mas flight once the first 3 people get there

1 Like

Yeah…it is fun and I don’t care what place I come in. I’m more in it to play against myself and get mad when I do something stupid haha… I do try to play conservatively when I’m in the lead and don’t necessarily always go for the green on those long par 5s, but if I’m behind, I tend to take more chances…which usually gets me further behind. :upside_down_face: That course was pretty challenging I thought. I should have checked my stats before finishing the first round…I really think my fairways percentage was very, very low. The greens were pretty sticky though, which helped stop my ball with some shots that would normally have been too hot to stop.

I should be able to complete a round or two on the current Society event tonight. Looking forward to it.

1 Like

Last night I finally got my home network issues sorted out, so might be able to give MP another go. (A fairly long and boring story, but the main antagonist turned out to be a bad bit of Cat 5e installed in a wall about 2 years ago, and was one of the last things I tried or expected to be causing it - open offer to anyone that wants the movie rights btw.)

1 Like

I recently traced an intermittent network issue here to the network jack on my wall plate. Never know, but I’m glad to have the come-and-go problem gone.

200,000 IRR no more, possibly less

1 Like

For future Society events, should we consider forcing everyone onto the same tee color? Or do real tournaments allow players to choose?

I thought I had it set to force tee colour? If not I’ll fix that. I thought I was setting them to the middle tee.

Any way I’ll set a few more events up tomorrow that are free and force tee colour. Any other requests? Courses? Conditions? Etc…

1 Like

This would be the kind of problem that I would get so frustrated at not being able to find that I’d probably sell my house and buy a different one. I’m not very good at problem solving.

Where was the option? LOL…I didn’t even see that? Hopefully I picked the red tees… :smiley:

Does the editor have Augusta? We should play a four-round tourney the same week as the real Masters…

2 Likes

Wonder if we can do a Mudspike Ryder Cup…LOL…

1 Like