Mudspike Farms

Gary and I have been doing some work today.

While waiting for the crops to get ready for harvesting I decided to carry out a few transport tasks.
Ok, so… this trailer is not made for that task, but it works!

I was a bit in a hurry so I didn’t load too orderly. :smiley:
On my way!! Driving way too fast with the tractor.

I realized that unloading would take a while, so I… Uhmm… just tilted the trailer. Redneck style!

That got us 3500 bucks or so. So I took another mission.
I forgot to take pictures of the loading, but I can tell you that my daughter commented my actions, saying “you are a bit sloppy”. Well… she was right.

Unloading!!

I hope they don’t mind that their suitcases have a few dents and scratches…
3500 dollars more on our bank account. 200,000 to go until our farm is actually ours and not the bank’s! :smiley:

Gary at the gas station.

…and… uhmmm… flying? Well, this is a flight sim community I guess… :smiley:

5 Likes

yo mind my machinery :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Harvesting field 22

That yielded some good money over at the harbor.

Preparing the next seed…

Planting soy this time.

Fertilizer!

Then Gary came on again and we harvested field 18 together

When I left he started preparing it for the next seed.

That was a nice day farming! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Got field 18 harvested with @Aginor, who drives a nice straight line with the combine. Certainly better than I can manage most days!

Ran the tiller through it so it’s ready for seed. Weeded the soy field (21 I think?), so it’s ready for the next course of fertilizer.

Had a chance to hop on before dinner, fertilized 21 as well. Keep an eye on it to see if it needs weeding, but other than that it’s good to go till harvest.

1 Like

There’s a contract for harvesting corn in progress at field 5.

Our fields are coming up on being ready to harvest as well.

For whoever’s in next!

Some shots of tonight’s activity.

2 Likes

That does look strangely therapeutic. :slightly_smiling_face: I don’t suppose it can be combined with XP11 and a crop duster plane? :grin:

1 Like

Is there a crop circle mod? :alien:

Man that would be awesome. Or at least having a helicopter to do some lime spreading (the map and the fields are so small, it is barely worth using a plane).

Edit: and yeah it is a quite relaxing game. :slight_smile:

And btw, I am fascinated by this multiplayer FS19 server. It runs and people from, like, six different time zones are doing work on the fields. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Don’t get too attached to the map! I’m probably going to reset after my vacation and we’ll start a bit more sensibly. I’m open to suggestions for map. Also likely to add some mods in when we do that. And yes, cowboy hats will be one.

1 Like

@Rhinosaurus perhaps add the software versions required at the top of the post? I would guess this is about FS19?

OP updated :slight_smile:

I think that’s fine.
Just cheat in a few more bucks (you can edit the save file) so we can have a few more machines to start off.
Let’s say $500,000 instead of 250,000.
Having a farm instead of living like hobos between two fields (like we do right now) will probably add to the atmosphere. :smiley:

Great fun doing the harvested corn transfer to the trailer “on the move”.

And I learned how to weed a field last night! Wow! :smiley:

1 Like

So, I spent an hour of my real life, harvesting a field, for a save game that we’ll be getting rid of in a day?

Yep. Just like with all the combat missions you flew in DCSW. :smiley:

Ok, but seriously: I suggest that when we start a new farm we get all the assets and money that we have in the old game, just to keep motivation up for now. :slight_smile:

Well I mean if people want to stick with this for a while that’s fine. I was super open about this being a mess around and learn period is all.

We’ve also gone bought a bunch of stuff we probably didn’t need or could’ve spent more wisely so we’re low on funds lol.

But I’m open to whatever. I’m not just going to unilaterally reset it.

I think we could just reorganize it.
You can save the game, stop the server, edit the savegame file to add some funds (maybe 250,000 or so) to make up for the not- so-well spent money and so we can build a farm house and a silo on a nearby piece of land, and we can take care of the rest ingame.

1 Like

Yea, regarding a reset, I’m happy either way.

Main good thing for me, is learning. Last night was only my first or second online MP session in FS, so yea. Lots learned, and more to come, guaranteed.

Sorry to double post here, but something I learned last night came back… Some of those large fields, like #5 where our current harvest contract is active… They are really a multiplayer element, for 2 or (better) 3+ players. Having dual combines working with a single haul tractor would make those contracts much more timely to complete.

Makes me appreciate the smaller size fields a bit more!

1 Like