Mudspike Food Thread

Lunch at the Down Wind (KPDK) today. Really great beef Stroganoff and the corporate aviation action was non stop. Lots of PC-12s, B300/350, Falcons, Citations, Lears, Mustangs, and Barons oh my.

I can’t help but feel like Hardee’s has gone down hill since being bought out by Carl’s Jr.

I miss Hardees.

Also Rally’s/Checkers. Why are they only located in the worst part of any city if at all these days? The Big Buford used to be where it was at.

Aw man…one of my favorite places to eat in the entire country. Great food, great service, great atmosphere, great views. Never been able to have a beer there though. :smiley:

I usually can’t either, but most offices threw in the towel at noon today and let their employees go early. So minimal risk. Aviator IPA. Seemed appropriate.

Actually, I thought that you could drink 50 feet from the aircraft :smile:

A pan-seared hamburger made from freshly ground beef, spring mix lettuce, diced onions, tomato from my garden, and gouda cheese. The fries were freshly cut from Yukon Gold potatoes. I really prefer the Yukon Gold to other potatoes.

More freshly ground beef, but this time charcoal grilled. On top of that, grilled onions, peppers, and a jalepeno pesto. Once again, Yukon Gold fries. That pesto turned out amazing.

A pan-seared steak with sweet potato fries. I’m unsure of the cut as it came from a farmer friend of mine. He needed to offload beef and I’m not a man to turn way free fresh beef. 6 hours prior to it hitting the cast iron, I treated it up with a mixture of about 4 parts sugar and 2 parts salt. I reapplied the concoction right before throwing it in, about one and a half minutes each side. As for sweet potato fries? Again, free sweet potatoes from a friend. Gotta say, I prefer regular fries.

Wow…that all looks fantastic!

Why was I never told Peanut Butter and Jam on homemade fresh and still warm bread is better than [insert something really enjoyable and frowned upon and also possibly slightly illegal]?!
That stuff is just AMAZING!

Eh… so much for eating healthy.

I have a feeling this thread is going to be doing constant battle with the “Fitness” thread for the rest of the year…

Start including healthy recipes?

Breakfast smoothie:

1 Anjou pear
1/2 avocado
1 cup blueberries
1 cup soy milk
1 tablespoon hemp protein powder

Blend until smooth. Enjoy.

Sorry, was too hungry to get pictures

On the other hand…

mmmm breakfast meats

Breakfast casserole.

1 lb.(0.5kg) Jimmy Dean sausage
2 (0.5L) cups grated cheddar
6 eggs
2 cups (0.5L) milk
1lb.(0.5kg) frozen hashbrowns

Cook the ground sausage in a skillet and fry the hash browns to a normal consistency.

Mix the sausage and hashbrowns in a mixing bowl with 1 cup of the shredded cheddar.

Take the contents of the mixing bowl and spread them evenly across a casserole dish.

Whisk the six eggs with the 2 cups of milk. Pour this over the contents of the casserole dish. Cover the top with the other cup of the shredded cheddar.

Bake in the oven at 400°F (204°C) for 40-45. Serves 12. Approximately 500kcal per serving.

I’ll include my breakfast casserole recipe when i make it tonight.

they sell these things now, pretty tasty actually

…and this is why I’m in the health thread, lol

I’m planning on buying a metric crap ton of breakfast taco’s for the new team tomorrow. I’ll have to post pictures.

Bacon is actually on my diet. Keto. I’ll be sick of bacon in about two weeks.

That sounds like the most depressing thing ever.

Not even this kitten will make me feel better…

Even when combined with Sarah McLachlan?