Mudspike Food Thread

Lunch at the Down Wind (KPDK) today. Really great beef Stroganoff and the corporate aviation action was non stop. Lots of PC-12s, B300/350, Falcons, Citations, Lears, Mustangs, and Barons oh my.

2 Likes

I canā€™t help but feel like Hardeeā€™s has gone down hill since being bought out by Carlā€™s Jr.

I miss Hardees.

Also Rallyā€™s/Checkers. Why are they only located in the worst part of any city if at all these days? The Big Buford used to be where it was at.

1 Like

Aw manā€¦one of my favorite places to eat in the entire country. Great food, great service, great atmosphere, great views. Never been able to have a beer there though. :smiley:

I usually canā€™t either, but most offices threw in the towel at noon today and let their employees go early. So minimal risk. Aviator IPA. Seemed appropriate.

Actually, I thought that you could drink 50 feet from the aircraft :smile:

2 Likes

A pan-seared hamburger made from freshly ground beef, spring mix lettuce, diced onions, tomato from my garden, and gouda cheese. The fries were freshly cut from Yukon Gold potatoes. I really prefer the Yukon Gold to other potatoes.

More freshly ground beef, but this time charcoal grilled. On top of that, grilled onions, peppers, and a jalepeno pesto. Once again, Yukon Gold fries. That pesto turned out amazing.

A pan-seared steak with sweet potato fries. Iā€™m unsure of the cut as it came from a farmer friend of mine. He needed to offload beef and Iā€™m not a man to turn way free fresh beef. 6 hours prior to it hitting the cast iron, I treated it up with a mixture of about 4 parts sugar and 2 parts salt. I reapplied the concoction right before throwing it in, about one and a half minutes each side. As for sweet potato fries? Again, free sweet potatoes from a friend. Gotta say, I prefer regular fries.

4 Likes

Wowā€¦that all looks fantastic!

Why was I never told Peanut Butter and Jam on homemade fresh and still warm bread is better than [insert something really enjoyable and frowned upon and also possibly slightly illegal]?!
That stuff is just AMAZING!

Ehā€¦ so much for eating healthy.

I have a feeling this thread is going to be doing constant battle with the ā€œFitnessā€ thread for the rest of the yearā€¦

4 Likes

Start including healthy recipes?

Breakfast smoothie:

1 Anjou pear
1/2 avocado
1 cup blueberries
1 cup soy milk
1 tablespoon hemp protein powder

Blend until smooth. Enjoy.

Sorry, was too hungry to get pictures

1 Like

On the other handā€¦

http://cooking.nytimes.com/68861692-nyt-cooking/418221-embrace-the-bacon

3 Likes

mmmm breakfast meats

3 Likes

Breakfast casserole.

1 lb.(0.5kg) Jimmy Dean sausage
2 (0.5L) cups grated cheddar
6 eggs
2 cups (0.5L) milk
1lb.(0.5kg) frozen hashbrowns

Cook the ground sausage in a skillet and fry the hash browns to a normal consistency.

Mix the sausage and hashbrowns in a mixing bowl with 1 cup of the shredded cheddar.

Take the contents of the mixing bowl and spread them evenly across a casserole dish.

Whisk the six eggs with the 2 cups of milk. Pour this over the contents of the casserole dish. Cover the top with the other cup of the shredded cheddar.

Bake in the oven at 400Ā°F (204Ā°C) for 40-45. Serves 12. Approximately 500kcal per serving.

1 Like

Iā€™ll include my breakfast casserole recipe when i make it tonight.

they sell these things now, pretty tasty actually

ā€¦and this is why Iā€™m in the health thread, lol

1 Like

Iā€™m planning on buying a metric crap ton of breakfast tacoā€™s for the new team tomorrow. Iā€™ll have to post pictures.

Bacon is actually on my diet. Keto. Iā€™ll be sick of bacon in about two weeks.

3 Likes

That sounds like the most depressing thing ever.

2 Likes

Not even this kitten will make me feel betterā€¦

2 Likes

Even when combined with Sarah McLachlan?