Mudspike Food Thread

My lower lip may quiver. But I’m not crying dammit…

1 Like

What are you upset about? That kitten looks delicious!

3 Likes

Oh they are tasty when wrapped in bacon. But after two weeks of them. I’d rather have a cookie.

3 Likes

So, I’m making chicken stock tonight, and am soliciting for good winter soup recipes. Got a family go-to? I’d love to hear about it!

My wife makes an awesome Mexican vegetable soup…but unfortunately, I don’t have the recipe. We took a run to the grocery store this morning (before the pandemonium) and we are having chili and homemade pizzas for the next couple of days. Got a twelve pack of Shiner Bock (bottles…like civilized people) and a few bottles of Alamos Malbec. Let #Snowmageddon Redux come…we are ready…

1 Like

While perhaps a bit unconventional, we really like this soup, especially on a cold winter evening.

( I hate seafood so we usually use chicken and no seaweed)
It is not terribly spicy, depending on how much chili pepper you add.

2 Likes

Awesome, thanks guys!

@BeachAV8R, I experimented with pumpkins in chili back in the fall- it worked surprisingly well as a thickening agent. Might have to make another batch.

1 Like

First batch of chicken stock of 2017, just starting.

3 Likes

Homemade pizzas going in the oven…

3 Likes

4 Likes

3 Likes

We had beans in the crock pot and homemade cornbread this evening. Southern boy heaven.

1 Like

Do you have a special recipe for Cornbread? I have never eaten that but I’d like to try it.

Similar to this or another variant?

1 Like

Bacon and beer. Can’t go wrong with that…

1 Like

It became chowder. The beer was seasoning for me.

2 Likes

Nice view while cooking breakfast this morning. Scrambled eggs, southwestern hash browns, and thick cut bacon with some awesome Lavazza Kilimanjaro coffee to keep the chef warm…

4 Likes

Oh man…that chowder looks delicious…

Can’t go wrong with Lavazza.
Only one superior, for me- but it IS subjective, is Illy

1 Like
2 Likes

Not sure if I am totally on board with the concept, so will need to try asap. Maybe tomorrow for lunch. Will report my findings :grin:

3 Likes