NATO Ministry of Information video thread

3 Likes
2 Likes
3 Likes

Ummm. The title of that last video has A6 and interceptor all in the one sentance.

3 Likes

Say what you want but I did shoot down several MiGs over Vietnam with the heatseekers I mounted on my A-6…

(In strike fighters 2 Vietnam)

:wink:

7 Likes

Hahhahhahaha well you are right with that.
This time.

Better? :smiley:

1 Like
2 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like
2 Likes
1 Like

F-35 tanking over Iwo Jima.
I miss visiting Iwo Jima. Lots of fond memories exploring the island.

4 Likes

Nice to see the UK one step closer to having operational carriers again.

6 Likes

I like the guy at 11 seconds into the video. I imagine he has a F-35 kite that he is flying off of the carrier. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Are the people that run Heathrow pissed the Royal Navy stole one of their arrival boards and bolted it to the aft Island superstructure?

4 Likes

I’m still trying to wrap my head around the separate towers. Did they have to go halfsies on it with the RAF with the stipulation that they each get their own control tower?

It’s too bad its not an Italian carrier. They could just lean out of the windows of each tower yelling at each other…

I’ll be here all week.

3 Likes

Harrier Jump Jet

Largest Dams

Published on Mar 24, 2018

The Harrier, informally referred to as the Jump Jet, is a family of military jet aircraft capable of vertical/short takeoff and landing (V/STOL) operations. The Harrier was developed in Britain to operate from ad-hoc facilities such as car parks or forest clearings, avoiding the need for large air bases vulnerable to tactical nuclear weapons. Later the design was adapted for use from aircraft carriers. The Harrier is also distinct as being of modern era, yet subsonic, contrasting with most of the major Western post–World War II–era attack aircraft, which tend to be supersonic.

Don’t forget the hand gesturing.

1 Like