NATO Ministry of Information video thread

I’d love to hear what the boom operators have to say about operating the boom using cameras vs looking out a window.

2 Likes

Hey, what’s that nice yellow-and-black thingie on the seat do?
…I’ll just pull it!

Ooooooops!

(they are not sure yet what happened, what I wrote above is just one possible explanation, an unlikely one though)

2 Likes

People have been ejecting themselves before, because they felt the urge to grab onto the first handle they saw…

I guess you are referring to the F-14 incident?
Yeah that’s a funny story.

Sometimes in the case of A-6 the problem was actually mechanical…

Both survived.

That too. It happened in South Africa too. A guy ejected from a PC-7.

1 Like

Knowing the grand and wonderful traditions of naval aviation, I can’t help but wonder if the Nav got a new call sign…

1 Like
2 Likes

They like windows better. What Boeing provided gives off very strong bathroom smell.

3 Likes

Are you still on the KC-135? I used to love your pictures

Flying a desk now.

1 Like

Came across this old but rather detailed video on the KC-130’s AAR system. Amazingly other than the controls in the cockpit, some of the terminology, and the fact that fuse tanks aren’t used much, all the info in the video is still relevant and accurate. And really all the controls are still pretty much the same, they just aren’t on a single panel anymore. Crazy how little some things change.

4 Likes

Figured as much. :grin: I honestly can’t believe that someone actually thought ditching the tried and true, simple but effective window for some 3D cameras was a good idea…

1 Like

@AndyE that was a really interesting video thanks for posting it!

My wife said she’s never going to get that 20 mins of her life back but I watched the whole thing and it was fascinating.

The AOA of the crusader made me chuckle. Looked like it was about 5-10 kn from being a right handful!

2 Likes

Interesting video on Helmet Mounted Display system from ZedaSoft.

Not technically NATO, but then who is these days.

3 Likes

B-52s in the Baltic. Some very cool footage here.

3 Likes

Still can’t get over how weird it looks…

5 Likes

That is a very odd ship indeed. I wonder how she behaves in bad weather.

1 Like
3 Likes