New Tank Sim: Gunner, HEAT, PC!

That’s a lot of action going on. After watching that I had to get out there and blow things up. Or at least try to

3 Likes

Never heard of this before but it looks awesome! More modern version of my fave tank game Armo(u)red Fist 2. Loved playing that.

Bought this and downloading - you lot are going to get me into trouble!

UP! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

You’ll not be disappointed. Its fast becoming my favourite game.

3 Likes

there are a few of us just waiting for the MP of this :laughing:

3 Likes

I predict a GHPC fight night within days of MP release :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I am itching to play MP with you guys on this

2 Likes

Changelog

• Added several new missions to Eastern Hills map

• Rearranged missions to provide a smoother new player experience

• Added day/night selection to compatible Instant Action missions

• Added new kinetic impact effects

• Reworked T-72 engine audio

• Updated model for T-55A, including wobbly antenna and East German style fender modifications

• Did minor model updates on all T-72s

• Revised fire and smoke effects

• Removed instant damage log during missions (you can still see the full list of hits and penetrations in AAR mode afterward)

• Significantly reduced performance overhead of vehicle driving effects

• Added a new aircraft type to flyovers

• Added smoke grenades to launchers of M1 tanks (these cannot be deployed … yet)

• Revised Eastern Hills terrain geometry

• Increased burn time on various flammable items in most vehicles

• Renamed vehicle change keybind for clarity

• Missed shots in AAR now show vehicles in their positions when the shot landed, rather than when it was fired, in order to reduce player confusion and erroneous bug reports over what appeared to be “ghost shells” passing through posed vehicles

• Removed permanent FPS counter from HUD

• Improved commander’s binocular zoom and reduced aim sensitivity in that view

• Slightly buffed some HE frag effects

• Fixed a bug that caused fire not to emit from open turret rings on destroyed tanks

• Fixed a bug that caused ammo cookoff explosions not to show up

• Fixed a longstanding issue where ATGMs that had not yet armed after launch would still penetrate at full power

• Fixed moving targets in Grafenwoehr range moving at incredibly low speeds

• Fixed several mission related issues

• Fixed an issue that caused BTR-60 to be hard for AI crews to detect in some situations

• Fixed missing heat signatures on several vehicles

• Fixed a lighting issue on hay bales

• Fixed explosion debris getting stuck on vehicle

• Fixed a bug that caused Malyutka ATGM to be steerable while using the BMP-1 turret to aim a different weapon

• Fixed several sources of error spam in player log

• Fixed an issue that could cause a contained engine bay fire in a BMP-1 to scorch the vehicle and melt the suspension

• Fixed some incorrectly tagged voice lines

• Fixed an issue that caused Bradley commander to order ATGM when shooting at trucks, and to never order coax or HE

• Fixed a bug that could lead to commander override continuing to focus on a dead target

• Fixed a bug that could cause a funny rock to be viewable from close range

7 Likes

I had my first go at this last night which didn’t last long. Have to get to grips with the controls, pronto.

2 Likes

As a new player, I found this video very helpful:

2 Likes

Ive got a fair few hours in GHPC @Johnny if you need any help.

I love that game so much.

2 Likes

Thanks - I’m currently trying to decide which controller(s) to use and how to define my mouse profile - it has 9 programmable buttons. Considering plugging in my X360 'pad for driving, but I think I need to just do some playing first, on the range maybe, to get an idea of what’s most useful.

2 Likes

I found that video very helpful Johnny, thanks for the share.
I too am spending time at the range familiarizing myself with these beasties.

Currently I’m using my flight sticks for driving and mouse for weapons, though I will have to try my game pad, that sounds interesting as well.

Having watched the video I noticed my mouse aim does not behave the same. My movemnts are jerky and can get out of hand with my turrent swinging out of control occasionally. Hmmmmmm…

1 Like

I use a 360 pad for it all now. It admittedly took a little getting used to after 20 or more hours on M&K but I dont think i could go back now.

Weirdly, i feel like the T72 aiming is harder on the pad. But again, I still can’t go back.

1 Like

Dont move the mouse as far. Tiny movements are key. The speed of those movements are what gets the turret spinning and the slowing of the wrist is key.

This isnt a helpful post. Its one of those things that I know what I mean but can’t articulate it and now i sound like a moron again

Luckily, my mouse has a dpi switch that can be adjusted on the go with a button - which gives me a large range in sensitivity - hopefully @bisher will have something like that, too.

I wish my mouse was still available to buy - I’ve had it about 7 years and I did buy a second one just in case they stopped making them (which they did) but I’ve never had such a fantastic gaming mouse as my Tecknet M008. If you can find one, I’d recommend getting it.

1 Like

OOPPPS just ordered GHPC :crazy_face: :face_with_spiral_eyes:

This is a bad website?

2 Likes

It should come with a warning

2 Likes

Thanks guys fiddling with my dpi now :grin:

3 Likes

Thanks to your help, I’m gamepad as well. It works really well for me.

3 Likes

I see what you mean now, having had a quick sesh on the range earlier. It was very ‘squidgy’ - all over the place with my normal DPi setting.

To start with I put my DPi to maximum and wow! The thing was so sensitive it was doing my head in. It will probably take a while to find the ideal setting.

1 Like