New Tank Sim: Gunner, HEAT, PC!

9 Likes

As brutally hard as it was, I really loved steel armor. The dynamic campaign was quite good with meaningful choices (such as digging in your tanks for a hull-down defensive fire position). It was just a bit much commanding all those tanks and troops next to your own vehicle, and I recall being blown up out of nowhere or popped by a Hind ATGM plenty of times :slight_smile:

Also watching the track and suspension physics and the deformed terrain and track marks behind the vehicle is hypnotic.

2 Likes

Reminds me of the original Operation Flashpoint!
I remember one time shooting down an Mi-24 in an MP coop game, then when the crew bailed out it actually didn’t explode all the way and we were able to repair and steal it, was awesome! :joy:

6 Likes

Good times. I remember being really good with the Cobra, having some dude jump into the gunner seat and we hug the central most mountain on Kolgujev. He asks me to land, I do. He tells me stay so I’m like aight fine.

I wait a good 10 minutes, head on a swivel, and he comes back and in all caps GO GO GO GO GO LOL

Right before he gets in KABOOM

He planted like 6 satchel charges near an enemy shilka. I saw that thing go hurtling into space.

4 Likes

LOL nice! Remember how originally, destroyed vehicles and buildings just randomly deformed? It was really neat and realistic for the time.

2 Likes

I used to be really good at long range sniping of hovering helos with an RGP in OFP and Arma. Always a good feeling to turn an enemy reinforcement into a defeat!

2 Likes

Ditto in BF2! :laughing:

They are slowly adding more stuff. Immersion is already good, it just needs that ‘little bit more’ & I reckon I will be able to smell the diesel and cordite… and multiplayer, then it will be a total winner.

5 Likes
4 Likes

I am really looking forward to the implementation of infantry, the West Germans and the campaign system with moving frontline and logistics etc.

2 Likes

M1 Tank Platoon II and Steel Beasts 1 were my last tank sims. I’ve been eyeing this one closely and feel it is nigh time to buy.

1 Like

It’s a jewel.

The new Bradley instant action mission where you interdict the recon and then ambush the main thrust of an armored assault with a platoon of M2’s is awesome. It looked like the Battle of 73 Easting when we were done. Those new prepared positions are really cool, it was fun moving from one to another.

ETA- was attacked by Hinds for the first time. Pretty scary, but not immune to 25mm auto cannons.

7 Likes

It honestly is. It’s damn fun.

3 Likes

https://www.reddit.com/r/GunnerHEATPC/comments/16118hr/no_way/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=android_app&utm_name=androidcss&utm_term=1&utm_content=1

Not mine but damn…

2 Likes

I once put a sabo down the barrel of a t55 which gave the gunner a bit of a surprise :grinning:

3 Likes

JFC. HOW!?

I mean… That’s an AI shooting or?

2 Likes

He was going full tilt as well just for extra astonished faces

2 Likes

Ye exactly! That show off! :joy::rofl:

1 Like

Not impossible, I mean stranger things have happened IRL.

But there is no way he had line of sight so unless he was dropping 73mm rounds in the general area as fast as he could and got lucky, then I’m not ruling out shenanigans.

3 Likes