New Tank Sim: Gunner, HEAT, PC!

5 Likes

September update

3 Likes

Wouldn’t mind some of those tanks on Altis, crewed by The Professionals

3 Likes

but that means we would have to capture some, which means we would be on the wrong end of that long tube for a while :laughing:

5 Likes

I
 uh
 didn’t think about that
 :rofl:

1 Like

GHPC Early Access has been updated to version

This is a regular update, introducing new features, adjustments, and bug fixes.

New content includes a new Instant Action mission, a set of vehicle training missions, icons for tracking which missions have been attempted and completed, and detailed post-mission stats in the AAR mode.

This update comes on the eve of a significant milestone for us: one year in early access! Keep an eye out for a dev log post soon, detailing our thoughts on the game’s progress and future plans.

As always, you can get additional info on what’s coming to the game in the future using our Discord server and YouTube channel. Links are on the GHPC website.

Changelog

• Added a new instant action mission to the North Fields map

• Added several new dedicated vehicle training missions in Grafenwoehr Tank Range

• Added icons to track which missions are unplayed and which ones have been won, color coded by team

• Added mission results summary to AAR mode

• Added more stats to mission results summary

• Removed mission results summary after campaign missions (replaced by the one in AAR mode)

• Added new sound effects for aircraft rocket launches

• Added doppler effect to CAS planes

• Added decals to Mi-8

• Reduced RAM burden of AAR data by discarding unimportant shots rather than saving them

• Made map icons and text scale based on zoom level

• Set default map position and zoom level to focus on player position

• Removed fuel lines from T-55 X-ray model, as these did not do anything and do not represent our standard level of detail

• Changed default AAR mode to “shots involving player” instead of “player shots” in order to show the full story with less unwanted data to sort through

• Mission category headers will no longer appear in Instant Action lists for categories with no matching missions

• Increased BMP-1 and BMP-1P AI aim error

• Slightly lowered AI vision range in or through forests

• Restored munition loads to some flyover jets (non-CAS flights)

• Increased suspension damping on M1 and M1IP

• Fixed some weather system settings that were causing frame rate issues on some systems

• Fixed weather changing too fast

• Fixed an issue that caused RAM usage to climb forever every time a new AAR shot was viewed

• Fixed an issue that caused some vehicles to be invisible to enemy AI from some angles (this especially affected the M2 Bradley)

• Fixed some fire effects visibly traveling and rotating with thrown turrets

• Fixed unit and crew losses no longer being counted after the mission was won or lost

• Fixed various small issues in missions (thanks for making detailed reports on Discord and Github!)

• Fixed T-55 fuel tanks not being set to volumetric mode, causing them to be OP against HEAT rounds and ATGMs in some cases

• Fixed an issue where BTR-60 crew could float in midair in some situations

• Fixed an issue where armor from despawned vehicles could remain in play

• Fixed PT-76B tracks clipping into the ground

• Fixed naming issues on PT-76B

• Fixed mission timer starting too early in Rally challenge

5 Likes

The coincidence range finder on the M60 is interesting, and quite effective, dont think I have ever seen it simulated in a tank game before

4 Likes

OH! Me, @Freak and @schurem saw them in many tanks at the Panzer museum here in Germany in August

5 Likes

Indeed, old man who rode them for a living back in the day told me that was not usable while driving, but quite effective when ambushing. New laser gizmo was way, way better though.

4 Likes

so what you’re saying is if you used that range finder to shoot at something, and you managed to actually hit it
it was just a coincidence?

Would’ve hated to have my life relying on THAT.

5 Likes

The in game mechanics are pretty good you put the sight on the target and turn on the range finder, that gives the target a double image then up the pg up / pg down key until the image goes solid then shoot 
 you still gave to lead manually
 but from my limited experience it seems to work pretty much like the real thing

4 Likes

Jake Gyllenhaal Reaction GIF

3 Likes

I think this is interesting

5 Likes

It is and I cannot wait for multiplayer 
 we could get a Mudspike tank squadron going

5 Likes

Yes!

2 Likes

Yes I think MP is where this will become a classic. Right now it’s good but not yet great.

4 Likes

It’s good ‘popcorn fun’. Not a game I can play for hours, but I can jump in and run a mission any time and enjoy it for what it is. My 5-year-old son loves it, and likes to rearrange the living room furniture into a tank while we play it on the big screen.

It needs a fleshed-out story-driven/dynamic campaign and MP and it’d be amazing.

5 Likes

Yeah
 about that
 maybe let‘s not hold our breath. :laughing:

3 Likes

That is genius!

2 Likes

I’ll have to take a picture next time. He’s got it pretty right: driver sits on the floor with a footstool for the dash (and m+k for driving), cmndr sits up on a tall kitchen chair behind, with the gunner on a shorter chair. He has to be the one to yell “On The Way!” and hit the fire button after I get it aimed.

A bit slower than solo play but way more fun (for everyone but my poor wife).

8 Likes