New Tank Sim: Gunner, HEAT, PC!

My lad does the same thing. I’m 99 percent sure that shouting in my ear is the most fun part for him. It fun though…

ON!!!

4 Likes

For a moment, there, I thought “Wow, you let your kid play sims? He must be pretty damn clever” and then it dawned upon me:

I did the same at that age on my old man’s 286, then the 2600, then the Genesis, then so on and so forth.

I’d have totally arranged furniture to create a facsimile of a tank interior if I had this as a kid.

So awesome.

4 Likes

I was too. My parents weren’t huge on war games when I was little, but I did have Chuck Yeager’s Combat Flight Simulator when I was about that age (maybe a bit younger even!) and Microsoft FS3.0/4.0/95/98 in my formative years.

Granted, my boy needs a lot of ‘help’ (learning to read), but he picks stuff up pretty quick. Maybe it’s a little early for war games (and we steer clear of graphic violence) but I do want to lay the foundation that we live in an imperfect world; one which involves conflict and strife, so that he can understand that and make peace with it.

Unfortunately I’m afraid the future will involve a great deal of chaos and war, unlike my childhood which was relatively peaceful (Panama/Desert Storm/Somalia/Bosnia/Kosovo notwithstanding). I want him (and my daughter) mentally and spiritually prepared to live in the world that exists, not the one that we wish for.

Beyond that, simulators (and especially combat simulations) are the best ways to learn technical skills and critical thinking. They demand continuous self-improvement, mental flexibility, challenge abilities, refine character and crush ego. Someone once said that combat is the ultimate embodiment of human abilities, or something to that effect.

4 Likes

I’d never considered that. I’m clearly biased, but I’m not finding anywhere to disagree with that sentiment.

3 Likes

IFVs are the most fun, I swear.

5 Likes

Are there voiceovers for the russian crews yet?

Don’t know, but there aren’t Russians in game, yet. It’s US vs. GDR at the moment. And, in such case, they do have German voices.

Some US gameplay

3 Likes

6 Likes

5 Likes
3 Likes

YES! :grin:

Tanks and APCs without smoke projectors is like infantry without handgrenades.

3 Likes
6 Likes

It looks sooo good! :champagne::dash::fire:

2 Likes

This might be important to some folks.

Removed “Alt Smoke” control and replaced it with engine smokescreen (note: this may reset your smoke keybinds)

3 Likes

When this game goes Multiplayer I’ll buy it.

I can’t wait to run amok in tank country with my fellow mudspikers

3 Likes

It’ll be glorious since it’s emphasizing co-op play. I cannot wait to watch people advance slowly, volley firing in Abrams while I go screaming across the German countryside in my Bradley and catching a T-72 by surprise with my Bushmaster.

5 Likes

OUR bushmasters.

I absolutely love the bradley. Love it.

3 Likes

As do the boys in the east.

2 Likes

You guys saw that sort of sci fi poem about a Bradley that wakes up after fighting in Desert Storm?

EDIT: BOOM found it!

Love it!

10 Likes
3 Likes