New Tank Sim: Gunner, HEAT, PC!

Whats the differences between the demo and full early access @tempusmurphy

And that, looked decisive :rofl:

1 Like

there is now a campaign, needs some fleshing out but workable… you have the m1, the m113 and the bradley on the nato side … BRDM, BMP T55 and T72 on the Warsaw pact, about 20 instant action missions, I would like to see a firing range mission, there might be one, but couldn’t see it immediately

1 Like

Thats a good list of armour to start with. Cant wait to see the Bradley :heart:

1 Like

If you liken this to DCS… Steel beasts would be a full fidelity module, and GHPC would be a flaming cliffs one. thats IMHO …

1 Like

also forgot the M60

1 Like

Perfect analogy from what i played of the demo.

1 Like

cannot wait to see what they do with the MP, but thats a little way off :smile:

1 Like

There is a range. If you go to Instant Action and press in the top left box which should say Fulda Gap, in the drop down scroll to the bottom and it’s there.

4 Likes

Ya, a couple of ranges, one that lets you pick any tank or vehicle. Also a map exploration mission with no enemies… and just FYI, F1 gives you the key commands, here’s a screen…

4 Likes

6 Likes

Nice screens, just FYI… you can hit F3 and it goes into free camera mode, move around with regular movement keys. It also removes the overlay great for screens or clips.

BTW if you don’t know, Q key let’s you give orders to platoon AI tanks.

5 Likes

I couldnt work that bit out yesterday (only played an hour or so)

I really REALLY like the game though. Much more content than I thought would be included.

3 Likes

Without a doubt (I still have my original SB Pro PE disc and dongle). And although I have always prioritised ‘realism’ over eye candy, I am really getting into GHPC. Multiplayer might make a difference but as a single player game, I find it so much easier to control a tank or Platoon/Troop than SB. In both, gunnery is a bit more forgiving than IRL.

FYI. I was a Leopard 1 crewman in a former life and spent three years in the gunners seat.

7 Likes

After my broadcast yesterday, a lot of things i didn’t know or understand and even complained about in my broadcast of the first look.

I found most of my answers in the online guides, like playing any mission at night or day with a touch of a key, laying waypoints, and zooming in as TC…

Gunner HEAT PC - News

2 Likes

OK, as per the online manual, I’m not getting waypoints to work at all, anyone else able? If so, how are you doing it? Thanks.

" To manually assign a waypoint to the current vehicle, look at a point on the ground and press F4. Add more waypoints to the path with F5."

I LOVE THIS GAME SO SO MUCH

Bradley TOW is epic.

8 Likes

new trousers needed by gunner and commander

a significant emotional event for the gunner

A Fury moment,

6 Likes

Remember… CTRL and F1 will remove HUD during game.

C Cycles camera outside.

F3 is a free camera, can move all around the battle area.

6 Likes

After posting some screens from this quick battle, I decide. “What would be better?” A video… so I restarted the mission, and it did not go well. I was slaughtered. lol

(not sure Twitter links will work here, but the easiest place to share a quick clip.)

Chuck Ankenbauer on Twitter: “After posting some screens from this quick battle, I decide. “What would be better?” A video… so I restarted the mission, and it did not go well. I was slaughtered. lol Gunner, HEAT, PC! https://t.co/jdyRjP2vVZ” / Twitter

Take 2, this one went better… for me. lol

Chuck Ankenbauer on Twitter: “OK, take 2 went much better for me, lol… Gunner, HEAT, PC! https://t.co/L6FzWVpmw1” / Twitter

2 Likes

after looking at the roadmap for features… there is no mention of a mission editor… surely this cannot be right, also i had the same thing with way points

3 Likes