New Tank Sim: Gunner, HEAT, PC!

I’m having a hell of a time with aiming via mouse, I lose control, seems unresponsive, then over responsive. Any thoughts? Thinking it could be my mouse

1 Like

Might very well be, ever have that problem in different games/general use as well?

Teminds me of me flying DI’s Tornado back in the day on MS-DOS. I was cursing and wailing at my dad for not upgrading our decrepit 386SX. I couldn’t even aim the TALD pod! Turns out the game ran plenty fast, I just needed to clean the gunk from the rollers in the mouse :wink:

1 Like

yep the mouse controls are not the best, it seems to feel very floaty and unresponsive… was hoping to set up my joystick like i have in steel beasts…

I actually really like the mouse control. Seems a lot better than constantly dragging and lifting like in Arma. Took a bit to get used to though. More realistic too.

1 Like

Indeed my mouse does at times seem a bit sensitive. Does anyone use a mouse pad anymore? :slight_smile:

My mate REALLY likes GHPC

We have been playing it a lot together and he is now playing it by himself and doing rather well if i do proudly say so myself

“Dad how do I switch to Heat, there is an APC shooting at me but he hasnt got a hope in hell” was a particularly hilarious but very satisfying moment

12 Likes

That’ll fill a dad’s heart with pride. Almost as much as the first ravenous cry of “FEED ME MORE BTR-80S”

4 Likes

Ah, a left-handed gamer… welcome to my world little one. lol

I have a gaming mouse and with it set to 1600 dpi it’s smooth as hell tracking targets, so might be just the mouse… a basic one will only be 600 dpi I think.

1 Like

Yeah the mouse took some getting used too but it doesnt bother me now.

Its a throttle. Thats how i use it. Centre is stop, further away from centre accelerates the movement and bringing it back slows it down to a stop. I actually like it now. But it definitely took a few uses to get it.

I need to dive in, but damn Sept has been a big month for me;

Gloomwood and Freedom Planet 2 both dropped.

1 Like

The campaign is extremely bare bones but quite good fun. The missions and locations repeat very often and even though it shows on the map as a different location it sometimes is exactly the same as the previous mission.

Can i just point out how well done the Fear in the crew voices is. When you see a full enemy advance of 10 or 15 vehicles, your own heart rate starts pumping. Then you knock out a couple and seem to be getting ahead of the curve and the commander shouts “gunner, sabot Tank, traverse left! HES LOOKING AT US, HES ON HES ON!!!”

Then you miss him.

Man its a rush.

4 Likes

Really like the way they have changed dumping lead with the latest update (back to how it was apparently).

Even though it was many moons ago that I was a Leopard 1 gunner, I was having trouble with the way it was implemented. Seems I still had that ‘muscle memory’ of selecting lead when you wanted it compared to dumping it when you didn’t.

Oh, and I was going through some old photos - Here is one of me when I was the gunner on 12B at the Adelaide F1 Grand Prix in 1989. Bonus points if you can guess who is standing next to me. Clue - it is an AJ with an AJ :wink:

7 Likes

Racing down under is hardcore…! :wink:

Alan Jones?

3 Likes

I cant decide how i feel about it. I like it. But at the same time, i had gotten used to the other way so changing is very irritating when under pressure.

My boy likes the change. He likes that the turret stops instantly now when traversing.

I havent made my mind up yet.

3 Likes

@Troll

Ding Ding Ding - and the prize goes to… Correct!

I have met a few celebrities over the years but he was without a doubt the most down to earth.

The Troop Commander had received an invitation to the Grand Prix Ball, but rather than keep it for himself he decided we would ‘draw lots’ to determine who would attend. Luck was on my side :slight_smile:

Anyway, there I was at the ball standing off to the side like a fish out of water when Alan saw me and wandered over. Even though we had only briefly met a couple of days before, he greeted me by name and said “you look a little lost, let me introduce you to some friends”…

(Sir) Stirling Moss
Murray Walker (fun fact Murray was a tank commander in WWII)
Ayrton Senna

Apart from my wedding, best night of my life.

9 Likes

C’mon, you are amongst friends. We won’t tell your wife… :wink:
The thought of meeting Senna, at the top of his career, makes me shiver!

2 Likes

She still does things that Senna could never do… :upside_down_face:

Got to shake his hand :star_struck: It was a brief meeting, but memorable. I was a bit tongue tied, but he was very polite. Quite a humble guy.

4 Likes

I see your point…but still…!

That he was.
And to bring this thread slightly back on its tracks, had he been driving a tank, on that fateful day at Imola, he would’ve survived… :yellow_heart: :green_heart: :blue_heart:

2 Likes

I touched the Imola car. At williams the week before the race. I’m fairly confident i didnt cause the crash by doing so. But young ace didn’t know that at the time :cry:

5 Likes

Off topic apologies….

I’ve never changed emotions from elation (he was out of the race) to devastation as quickly. I remember driving to work the next day still stunned.

That weekend F1 changed forever.

The Senna film is a must watch for F1 fans.

Back on track…
@Harry_Bumcrack - thanks for sharing that, it must have been amazing to meet such racing legends.

4 Likes