NVIDIA RTX 3000 series

Its one of those things that never bothers me unless the associated article/video completely bait-and-switches on the promised subject…

2 Likes

It’s pretty much a given that all YT creators will evolve into what appear to be click-bait artists at some point because theirs is a game of numbers. If they are reputable, the content remains trusted. But the titles and icons have to appeal to the lowest common denominator > me :laughing:

1 Like

We Need a MudSpike version of Tube

Bingo! Man, I’ve been thinking the same thing for a while - YouTube has been officially ruined. I’ve had to take a longer look at who’s publishing it and the title for a while now. I don’t watch TV, never been big on it, so the 'Tube was nice - I got to pick. Now money is trying to soil this too. It’s inevitable.

My latest list of Click-Bait words is growing larger. “X just Murders Y in Z”; “A is a HORROR show”. That’s just recent ones off the top of my head. I see these videos and ‘usual suspect’ producers, then immediately look at the view count. How can so many be so gulible?

1 Like

its just kids clicking everywhere :wink:

thinking about the prices… not buying new card will save me LOT of money obviously :slight_smile:

Absolutely. Plus take the money you saved from not buying a card, and then put it towards a new card one day. It’s then practically paying for itself! :wink:

4 Likes

Figure It Out What GIF by CBC

4 Likes

That blackshark profile is 12 years old and meant for DCS: Blackshark DX9c

Have Eagle Dynamics contacted Nvidia about getting one put in newer than 12 years? I’ve seen one person indie titles appear on the Nvidia driver list, so wondering what’s the story with DCS - it’s got to be big enough, right?

2 Likes

I’d be very surprised if DCS is big enough for NVidia to spend the time on a specific profile for it… particularly since it’s not based on Unreal Engine or something that they’ve already got a good understanding of?

I mean look at it this way - how many ads on the sides of buses or on Youtube are going to be shilling DCS that they can put a “runs best on Nvidia” along the bottom?

3 Likes

Why does that matter?
Nvidia Control Panel asks for an executable to use, point it to DCS.exe and it will still say Black Shark.

1 Like

I agree it’s not super important. It might be nicer if it didn’t say Black Shark and ED could provide Nvidia with some good settings for the profile, making their game show off the best it can. DCS was big enough when Black Shark came out for a profile, so I think it’s big enough now?

3 Likes

because that profile is meant for BlackShark I, which was DX9.

Basically trying to use a 12 yr old profile meant for an older Engine, and features that have since been replaced,
For profile, I suggest using None, or Default, whichever it is for nVidia, AMD drivers have the same issue, we have an Old DCS Blackshark I profile as well, and it caused more issues than anything, especially in CrossFire setups.

I know that the GeForce Experience gets a lot of bad press, but I read some positive comments over in the VNAO discord about the built in one-button overclock utility. The thought is that the results are similar to tweaking with Afterburner. I haven’t tried it yet, but here is a pretty good video review. However, neither manual or automatic o/c seem to be that much better than stock. VMMV

2 Likes

What I’ve noticed, at least in AfterBurner, is it (WMR or SteamVR, or both) crash more frequently when I have any O/C enabled. This is with the 3080Ti, not the 1080. However the former is Win11, the later Win10.

Some initial digging is pointing towards WMR moreso than SteamVR. Haven’t had time to play with it.

2 Likes

Just tried it and got a hard system lock-up. Not encouraged :slight_smile:

@jross - I find WMR hates overclocks, and will cause a SteamVR motion reprojection crash pretty much every time on that side as well.

2 Likes

Oh yea, I’d forgotten about the reprojection crash…was doing that on the old 1080 too. Guess I need to turn that off on the 3080. Thanks.

I don’t think it makes a difference at all.
Its just a profile that toggles settings that are available on your GPU depending on executable.
All profiles are the same in this sense.
Sure, there are settings in there that have zero effect on DCS, but that goes for many games.
All options to choose from are the same in all profiles.

1 Like

I remember Redkite saying some things about how YT tries to push people to make continuous new content, regardless of the quality level.
If you don’t get enough views, YT won’t put your stuff into their recommended to get you new viewers, and you can spiral down.

Hence the constant “like and subscribe” pleas, because they need that to prove to YT that their stuff is worth promoting so people will see it. I don’t know how that ties into monetization, but even if they’re not looking to make money, just to reach the widest audience they have to play YT’s game like it or not.

2 Likes