P3D Info thread

MH60 and CH53 screenies purty plz?

1 Like

There is a thread started at The Sky Lounge detailing what is broken/fixed in v4.2.

1 Like

Looks like my Traffic 360 that I had shoe-horned into working with P3D v4 needs to be re-shoe-horned. I can’t even remember how I did it…but I’ll have a whirl at it I guess.

Oops…I take that back. Looks like ALL of the sliders in the Options / Traffic defaulted (for me) to 0, so that was why my Traffic 360 objects weren’t showing up. I’m not a happy camper.

VRS Statement on TacPack update to v4.2 (login needed). Basically, he is looking into it and if the changes are minimal, it should only take a few days.

https://forums.vrsimulations.com/forums/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=18687

1 Like

Hate to be the bearer of bad news Chuck, but they appear to be additional variants of the current Virtavia or similar model level. IE, lots of flat 2D objects in the virtual pits and average external textures. Not much to see here. Feel free to move on. With all due respect, the freeware X-Plane 429 is like 2 generations ahead.

That’s a bummer…

Oooh… the Flight1 B200 for P3D v4 has been released…

Must. Resist.

2 Likes

BEEEUUUUUUTIFUL! Did I ever tell you guys how much I love the King Air? I think my workmates are getting tired of hearing that from me every time I see one.

2 Likes

The C90 is most certainly one of the prettiest variants to me!

I can´t even remember when I bought the Milviz KA350i as a alpha release, and to be honest I was starting to lose faith with Milviz which I have always been a fan of (love my B55). My first payware plane was the Milviz F-15 back then. Any how, today I got a mail from them with some recent updates which seem show a soon to be released product, for which Iam very happy for. The alpha did work in my P3Dv2.5 back then, but then was forgotten till todays mail, and thank you for that!

Here´s some news…
https://fselite.net/news/milviz-update-p3dv4-2-king-air-350i/

A link to a YT video which shows how good the de-icing works was included in my mail, but it shows hidden so Iam not sure if you guys will be able to see it…
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snHi-WYUHFo&feature=youtu.be

Can´t wait to have it back in my hanger!

Red

1 Like

Don’t know how this one slipped through my radar (keeping my “shoe collection” is so difficult…!)

Free update to the Lionheart Learjet 24B was released on June 6 making it the Learjet 24B Generation Two:

Prepar3D Version 4.0 updates to 64bit Tech level
New paint schemes added, 13 paint schemes total.
Autopilot VC panel thumbwheel now animated
Control yoke buttons and trimming knob (4) are now active functioning controls
Odd mystery effect on top annunciator buttons is fixed
Revamped nose structure done from photographs (side view, frontal view) to exact
Some interior textures have been modified and improved
Coding improvements to ambient sound systems;
    Landing gear wind noise (when down) is layered 3x per speed values
    Ambient gyro startup sound now functions via the master battery switches and not automatically
    Gear Down alarm is now one single burst instead of continuous burst
Coding improvements to fuel system that keep the fuel starvation from happening when
auto switching from tips to wing tanks when at 4x (plus) fast forward speeds (long trips) and
also fuel dumping no longer causes this when doing a complete fuel dump on the tip tanks.
Coding improvements on autopilot
AP Button now on the yoke so that you can flip AP on/off during approaches in GS (APR) mode
AP ARM light now comes on when AP system is active so you know if its on or not from front panel view
AP 2D popup panel now features improved coding on dump switches
Fuel 3D mapping gauge (shows a top view of Lear with tanks in blue) now features mouse rects and improved
coding
Fuel dumping 'effect' now works with both 2D panel and VC fuel panel, not just one
Interior glass lowered in reflections to nearly zero due to popular request
Exporting from Max done through the latest Lockheed Martin exporter technology.  State of the art.  V4 thru
V2 models are pure V4 tech; V1 and FSX/FSX Steam are converted to FSX Tech via Lockheed Martin V1.4
exporter tech.
Pilots shirts now matched with exterior themes
Black instrument panel in Cargo Runner revamped and better
Code flooding stopped with landing lights code system
3 Missing textures added
Double reflection mapping entries in external and glass entries rectified and reduced to single entries
Trimming knob on control yoke features HDG (heading) control (left/right click) and electric elevator
trim control (Mouse Wheel)
Cheater button integrated into yoke which turns on all systems needed for flight mode.  Saves you time
in switching on 10 different buttons and toggles throughout the panel
Bubbles enhanced for new control interfaces
1 Like

Milviz had released their Turbo Otter…nice looking bit of kit there. I really liked their DHC-2 and 3…

Looks like the Aerosoft A318/A319 has finally seen the light of day…but if you are interested in the A320/321 it might be better to buy the bundle…

https://www.aerosoft.com/en/flight-simulation/pre-order/2433/aerosoft-a318/a319-professional

And a touch more info on this - I haven’t tried purchasing it, so your mileage may vary…but apparently if you owned the FSX and/or earlier P3D bundle (A318/19/20/21) you can get a discount on the new bundle:

“Just use the serial number from the previous bundle purchase and place it on the order page for the new addon. It should give you a 50% discount. After purchasing download the A318-A319. The A320-A321 would be added to your account once is released.”

I haven’t tried that yet…but thought I’d mention it…

This does work. Just confirmed it by doing it. I used my old Aerosoft Bundle serial number and just entered it in the voucher window during checkout and it applied the 50% discount. So there ya’ go…

Mmmm…the Carenado S360 has been released for FSX/P3D… That might be a requirement for Mudspike Air Cargo (I need to do some flying in that soon!)…

5 Likes

If they release an XP11 version I’m 100% buying it!

1 Like

I agree…!

They just released the FSX/P3D version…looks pretty nice. Love that they include the GTN integration. Like you though, I think I’m going to wait until this releases for X-Plane.

And I need to get back to flying my Mudspike Air Cargo routes. I haven’t opened it in a few months. I can imagine my base and aircraft rental overhead has killed my bottom line.

I was just now looking surprised on JustFlight page, like it is already out !?

And then the S340 and D18S from Carenado. When did they managed to release those !?