P3D Info thread

my walet is ready, my spare time is not :slight_smile:

If someone havent yet decided on his/her Xmas Flight ride

https://www.aeroplaneheaven.com/product_boxcar.php

2 Likes

Oh man…my idled Mudspike Air Cargo would love that thing…!

1 Like

Carenado rolling out a big jet - the Falcon 50. Those things are awesome short field performers with a ton of range (not Challenger type range though right @PaulRix?)

Proline 21 avionics are nice…but I wish they had done a legacy Falcon 50 with steam gauges to be honest. I’m betting this is more of a “Falcon 50 Experience **™” rather than a full on and well researched deep systems simulation. I could be wrong of course.

1 Like

That looks great! If they make a version for X-Plane I will most definitely be getting it.

Regarding range, the Challenger does have longer legs. The larger Falcon 900 is a better comparison (both for cabin size and range).

Hmm, I still have 2 more legs left and a 10% coupon at pcaviator.com.

2 Likes

Looks like Air Hauler 2 has finally exited Early Access and is now at release. Way back (a couple years ago) when it was in EA, the question was asked if they were going to wipe all the companies when it went final and I think the answer was YES. I wonder if that actually happened…

AIR HAULER 2 FULL RELEASE VERSION NOW OUT!

FlySimWare updated their Learjet 35A to version 4.0 and 4.1:

Version 4.0 Updates

New features:

• New autopilot panel with real world layout. Includes new buttons and new modes and lights for increased realism. For example a LRN (Long Range Navigation) light now indicates GPS course capture on the NAV mode button as in the real a/c. A FNL (Final) light indicates when your setup for approach and under 1000 AGL.
  • Developed a GPS Configuration tool that allows the user to configure the L35 panel with different GPS options from Flight1 and Reality XP (max of two GPS units plus the WX Radar) without having to reinstall the aircraft each time. You must own the Flight1 or Reality XP units to use them; a GNS530 by FSW is included with the Lear35.
  • Combined the Altitude Alerter and Altimeter gauges as will be required by the FAA starting in 2020.
  • Fixed an inherent sim bug that allowed the RMI to incorrectly point towards a Localizer source.
  • A number of minor updates such as adding sound to the No Smoking and Seatbelt switches, relocated the Avionics switch, removed some erroneous sounds, etc.
  • New navigation, strobe and beacon lights resized for P3D.
  • Added missing cigarette lighter plug and audio jacks in cabin for each station.

Bugs & Updates:

• Improved Flight Director response time when the Flight Director is deselected (removed delay when FD arms retract.)
  • Updated landing and taxi lights. Landing lights now better illuminate the runway starting from a height of about 100ft as viewed from the cockpit.
  • Updated cockpit lighting to improve visibility of switches, etc.
  • Updated electrical system with more accurate voltages and to better simulate HSI and Altimeter gauges dependency on electrical power.
  • Fixed bug causing cabin pressure knob to get stuck.
  • Updated Glide Slope capture code to better warn of Glide Slope deviations.
  • Updated calibration of the AOA gauges for improved realism.
  • Improved accuracy of the engine ITT gauges.
  • Updated the flight dynamics.
  • The P3D preview window will show the aircraft model at the correct alignment and size.
  • Updated the Flight Manual.

Version 4.1 Updates

New features:

• Ice detection light button and copilot light panel added to the copilot side wall. Ice detection light added on the fuselage and ice dot on wing.

Was not aware of this utility…but for some dark cockpits with bad lighting (unfortunately a frequent thing in FSX and P3D) this might be a good solution. Anyway, FlightSimLabs has made their Spotlights utility “donationware” now…

https://www.flightsimlabs.com/index.php/spotlights-2/

Flight Sim Labs, Ltd. announces the immediate availability of FSLSpotlights v2.0, a revolutionary new product for Prepar3D v4.1 and above, that allows the simmer to import and control up to 60 different fully three-dimensional dynamic spot lights in any existing aircraft virtual cockpit.

Each light can be used individually as a single lamp or put together in groups with a single on/off switch and a brightness regulator control.

Light attributes (beam position, pitch, heading, angle, range, attenuation, color) can be modified and parameterized to provide the correct look and feel depending on desired light type: This way, the user can add narrow focused lights to shine on map holders or tray tables, series of smaller lamps for main panel flood lighting or wide dome lamps for turning a dark cockpit into a lit area. Each lamp holds its own attributes which can be tweaked using a configuration manager that runs as a separate process and communicates continuously with Prepar3D, giving the simmer an unlimited number of lighting configurations and setups.

Free Berlevag Airport, Norway (ENBV) from Onfinal Studio. Might be somewhere our friend @Troll has visited!

1 Like

Many times!
A really beautiful place.

1 Like

Mmm…this looks nice. But I’m sorta avoiding P3D purchases these days. Wonder if the GTN 750 could be put in the middle of that panel. I know…sacrilegious!

2 Likes

Oh no… My wallet is screaming in pain! Must… resist…

2 Likes

Released

$80? LMAO
They’ve gone DCS pricing crazy.

1 Like

Milviz’s bossman did qualify his company as the “PMDG of military aircraft”… Having experienced some of their add-ons before like the Beaver and the Otter… I’m not quite sure what to think of that statement.

We can ask @chipwich
I know he enjoyed their F4s a lot.

One thing I remember of a review video on their F4 was that the systems were great, but the flight model really left to be desired.

Was it the Advanced series or the standard ?

I dont own anything from them but I considered them always as the beter ( I know fixes required :wink: ) studio FSX / P3D FM wise. At least from what I saw and read.

The MilViz Phantom Advanced is great in a lot of ways. External 3D modeling, systems depth, sounds, and features like TacPack compatibility, and a real-time load out manager are all superb. But, and this maybe due to the limitations of P3D, there is a quirky feel to certain aspects of the flight model, in particular the SAS (StabAug), similar to how the VRS Superbug behaves. It’s less so in the Phantom, but it’s noticeable. Sort of a synthetic feel, in that it’s trying to behave well, but not quite doing what you want it to. It makes you really appreciate what HB has done with the Tomcat.

For joyriding, it’s awesome all the way around. :+1: