P3D Info thread

I’ve had their P3D ver 3 Phantoms for ages. But I hated having to rebind every control at each update. And even then I’d have inputs not recognized. And as said, the FM felt odd. Models were exceptional.

Then the update to P3D ver 4. I couldnt do it all over again and rebuy everything. So I stayed with ver.3 of everything.

The T-38… I’ve bought nearly each version and just didnt see that much of an increase to warrant the cost. I’ll pass on the Charlie

Looks like Roland Laborie has updated and released a P3D v4 version of his really cool Airbus A400M. This was one of the first aircraft I wrote about for Mudspike four years (!) ago:

Keep in mind it is more like an A400M “experience” rather than a study level simulation of the actual A400M. I found it very entertaining though, and will likely pick it up again!

1 Like

Mudspike Air Cargo needs one of these… :thinking:

3 Likes

Having exited those a bunch in skydiving, love me some turbo Porter. They really can carry what you shove through the doors. That wide sliding door on the right side is really handy for jumpers. Built like tanks. Must be fun to fly. Wish it were for XP :frowning:

FlightBeam PDX (Portland, OR) airport looks fantastic…and is on sale for 30% off ($20.99). Perhaps still a bit rich for my blood…I’m more of a $15 guy…but it does look nice and is the area of Mudspike Cargo operations… Only on sale until June 10.

2 Likes

RE: PC-6

Compatible 3rd party avionics include the following:

• Flight1 750 GTN
  • Flight1 650 GTN
  • Reality XP 530 GNS
  • Reality XP 430 GNS
  • Navstax Radio/Navigation Suite

So this looks pretty good - ORBX Australia v2

• Our largest and most popular region; 8 million sq km in full Orbx region quality
  • Ultra-HD Melbourne Cityscape
  • 370+ upgraded and 280+ all-new airports
  • Over 50+ large-scale photoreal areas of interest such as salt lakes, mine sites, tidal areas and many more
  • High-quality mesh, with high-resolution LIDAR data for the majority of the eastern/southern seaboard, major cities and Tasmania
  • Completely new lakes, rivers and shorelines - much improved quality and accuracy
  • Entire Great Barrier Reef in photoreal
  • Completely new road and rail networks
  • Improved and new landclass types
  • Hundreds of thousands of new geographical features; dry lakes, parks, railyards, industrial areas etc
  • Much-improved populated area shape accuracy
  • Completely new powerline networks, windfarms and other man-made features
  • Improved and updated bridges, harbour objects and marinas
  • Complete seasonal variations
  • Airports optimised for use with AI traffic, particularly our enormously-popular AI Traffic for Australia

“Almost 700 airports have been upgraded or created from scratch, giving you the perfect opportunity to criss-cross the country in true VFR style.”

Wow…if anyone picks this up and has a view of Lady Elliot Island - I’d love to see a screen of it…!

2 Likes

@Sine_Nomine will be there soon to appreciate :slight_smile:

1 Like

Freeware FSX/P3D Albuquerque (KABQ) scenery by new developer Simwest:

https://store.flightsim.com/product/simwest-albuquerque-for-fsx-p3d/

1 Like

FWIW - I did put this in my cart, downloaded it, but when I enter my serial number they gave me, it doesn’t work. So YMMV… Might try it again tomorrow and see if it will accept the serial.

W…w…what category approach does he use??

1 Like

Pretty clear he uses probe and drogue to refuel though…!

3 Likes

I don’t want to be anywhere near him when he does a fuel dump.

Wheels

1 Like

I’ve got a problem with my P3D that I’m hoping someone smart can help me pin point.
Several of my aircraft models (default and 3rd party) show up with parts of the interior showing through the outer skin.

This is Dino’s F-35 that comes with P3Dv4.5, no mod

When I asked about what would cause this, some people said corrupt texture files or a missing or corrupt XML.dll but no solid way to fix.

Can I run a repair on P3D? Do I have to remove all of my payware aircraft and ORBX scenery? Or does someone know what might be the cause?

I don’t think you usually have to reload all the payware aircraft and scenery. I think there is a P3D client file you can run to just install the base exe and not have to mess with all of the other stuff. These instructions might have the answer:

https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=120861

1 Like

Flightbeam makes some really nice stuff.

1 Like

If anyone is using the latest builds of both P3Dv4.5 and Flight1 GTN Complete, they don’t play well together. After spending way too many hours troubleshooting this, a user in their support forum found a quick fix by setting the gauge to legacy mode, as detailed in the GTN manual. Just search the manual for legacy, and you’ll be dancing.

There is also a mod to substitute the GTN 750 for the G1000 MPD in Carenado’s DA62. Why do this? Because using the Carenado G1000 will have you feeling like you are wrestling snakes in the cockpit, while getting you lost or killed at the same time. But dropping in the GTN750 of in front of the FO will bring you back to enjoying what is a pretty slick aircraft.

2 Likes

This is a nice looking scenery - albeit small - EGJA Alderney Airport for FSX and P3D. Only about $5 through ORBX… Of course with MSFS2020 coming…who knows if any of this will be relevant in the future. I suspect it will be though…

1 Like

Interesting… Citation 560XL released for FSX/P3D. I have a little time in the XL. The 560XL was the next version beyond the 560 I fly. It has the same wing, but a bigger cabin, bigger engines. Similar avionics and cockpit though. I’ll definitely be picking this one up.

2 Likes

We talked about the prices ( in XP thread ). Now this is a thing ( for P3D ) :

…been modelled to an exceptional level of detail…

for under 40 ! Looking forward to read some reviews.