P3D Info thread

Good to know. I might wait until next week to work on it… I read something about Aerosoft was going to have their Airbuses (Arbii?) working in the coming weeks (July was what I read actually)…so that will be nice…

1 Like

Cool…!

The rim of the Grand Canyon looks pretty good with the default stuff. I’m guessing this isn’t much of a change from v2 and v3. The inside of the Canyon is pretty low res mesh…as it always has been. The King Air is nice looking on the outside and horrible on the inside…as was always the case. I really like the weather depiction though…the shadowing of the aircraft just seems really nice and the haze and clouds do seem better. I’ll be interested to see how Active Sky looks…

1 Like

The first night P3DV4 was out, I saw a PIREP radar chat in AH2 that “it works with v4”. However, when I chatted back details please, I was ignored. Seems like it can import aircraft, but won’t communicate with SimConnect.

1 Like

XP11 is way ahead with their B200.

1 Like

Nothing then AH2 CTD. Let me try a fresh install of AH2 and create a new company.

Edit:: if you mean the B200, it’s as Beach says. The interior is early FS9.

I did manage to get Traffic 360 (probably not the best AI traffic generator…but I bought it on sale last year) working with v4 using the same technique as v3:

First you have to navigate the installer to Prepar3d v3.4.Then edit in Local Disk (C:)/ProgramData/Lockheed Martin/Prepar3D v3/simobjects (using the next Entry number available)

[Entry.xx]
Title=JFTraffic360
Path=SimObjects\JFTraffic360
Required=True
Active=True

_Then go to Scenery/World/scenery/locate TrafficAircraft._bgl rename this to TrafficAircraft.bgl.off/locate ai-traffic.bgl in same directory rename this to TrafficAircraft.bgl

Too bad that there is no HMDS in the F-35A. I believe that it relies on the VRS TacPack. Perhaps coming down the pipe for TP purchasers.

1 Like

Allegedly, the ORBX installer might be ready tomorrow (June 2)…but I wouldn’t hold my breathe on that:

“We will push out an update to FTX Central 3.2.x.x hopefully tomorrow and when you run it you will see the Apply Update button”

1 Like

Regarding Active Sky…I went ahead and bought the upgrade from Active Sky Next to Active Sky 2016 since they are promising a 64-bit version soon(ish)…

Introducing Active Sky for P3Dv4: featuring P3Dv4 integration, a 64-bit ASConnect interface, 64-bit XGauge, improved visibility depiction, turbulence effect enhancements, active runway data and more. This will be a FREE UPGRADE for all AS16 for P3D users. Purchase AS16 for P3D (reduced AND on sale right now at a deep discount) and you’ll receive the free upgrade to ASP4 on release!

Because of the very complex and challenging changes required for advanced Active Sky weather integration with P3Dv4 over 64 bit, many core fundamental modules and processes had to be redesigned. The development is complete, but we have not yet performed proper BETA testing. As P3Dv4 releases, we will concurrently begin our beta cycle. We will release as soon as possible. This could occur as early as a few days after P3Dv4 release, but may take more time. We will keep everyone updated on our progress throughout the beta.

The new ORBX installer is out apparently.

2 Likes

New installer seems to be working pretty efficiently. I had kept my old v3 files on another drive, but when I reformatted a couple days I go I lost the “base” install of P3D v3…so I reinstalled v3, and now the new installer is borrowing the v3 ORBX installed scenery and installing it to v4 with a lot less downloading required. Great stuff…

1 Like

With the DCS 2.1 update and Orbx FTX Central release, the gate keepers are probably going think that there is a world wide DDOS attack in effect.

With all the streaming that is going on nowadays, flight sim related traffic is merely a drop in the ocean that is the internet.

1 Like

That may be true…but the ORBX servers traditional undergo very heavy pressure during both sales and events like this (a new sim release). It isn’t unusual for it to take days for some people to get all their files updated. I mean, one FTX region can be 15GB or more…so it is very convenient that if it sees local files, it uses them. I think DCS World does something similar.

Is that F-16 native to P3D now?
Or the Aerosoft installed into v4? Where are your wingtip rails??

That is an F-16 that Lockheed Martin included…so not even close to quality payware add-on…

1 Like

Oh, you paid for it alright.

Thanks!

Three versions of P3D - you are correct sir…!

Well, heavy pressure is relative. With proper load dependent scaling, it would technically be no problem to smoke every ORBX customers personal line simultaneously three times over, but that would neither be cost effective nor serve any purpose. In the greater scheme of things, facebook nowadays probably has to serve more data in a day than ORBX during the entire time of their existance, just to give you some sense of what heavy pressure is in real big internet player’s terms. But i’m getting carried away. Yes, using delta compression is smart where applicable. Every megabyte you save translates to huge savings in server costs once you have a sufficiently large user base.:slight_smile: