Racing Sim Screenshots and Videos 2022

My fave Project Cars 2 track. I am so going to have to swap out my HOTAS for the wheel and pedals, do some more 'low flying :wink: ’ and grab some more screen shots. The only one I have at the moment is…

8 Likes

IMHO the greatest race car ever built.

Why not take an absolutely bonkers 1500HP ‘go kart’ around the green hell.

I downloaded this for sh1ts and giggles, and it is still way too fast for my puny brain.

2 Likes

Not really a racing sim, but one of the most addictive driving sims I have ever played…

8 Likes

What is it?

Sooo much fun :stuck_out_tongue:

• lots of mods, lots and lots of mods :slight_smile:
2 Likes

Is that a sequel of SpinTires? I remember this amazing AAR that got @weaponz248 his title.

3 Likes

I totally ruined that game with mods. Such a shame but once you’ve got an Oshkosh M1070 and monster truck that floats…

1 Like

Spintires was the first game, almost a tech demo fleshed out to a real game. But then some publishers drama ensued and they split into 2 camps somehow.

Spintires and mudrunner.

Both ostensibly the same game with some other features in one and another. The mud physics were not the same in mudrunner. Spintires was much better but mudrunner was far more stable to run.

Snowrunner is the sequel to mudrunner.

4 Likes

I almost did, until I dialed it back a bit with the mods… i.e mainly cosmetic rather than totally OP. But some of the later maps were impossible (for me) without a mod truck.

@Freak I had heard about but never played SpinTyres. Picked up Mudrunner on special and because of that had to get Snowrunner.

2 Likes

Sometimes a 10.36 Bridge to Gantry time is more rewarding (and more fun) than a sub six minute time in something ‘fast’ :slight_smile:

7 Likes

you said 10.36 !? I like challenges :slight_smile:

Chip I owe you some impressions from BeamNG I would say :slight_smile:

I dont play it that much. so I saw only fraction of the content. but its great sandbox. it can do many things good, but I guess the best thing is that you can go offroad almost everywhere on the maps.

driving physics are very good, damage modeling is also very good. sometimes too good as its easy to end up totaled quite often.

all in all, nice little driving sandbox for the days when you are not fit for some lap times, despite there are also racing circuits included :slight_smile:

7 Likes

new map and cars for BeamNG in the latest update

6 Likes

Thanks for the heads up on BeamNG … I didn’t pay attention since there are still no race modes and it’s been in early access since 2015 LOL! Still a highly entertaining driving sim with top notch physics!

Getting to the top of that mountain ain’t easy!

EDIT: Ah, ok, BeamNG is a German company! If it’s not German it’s scheiße! :smiley:

5 Likes

Recently joined https://lowfuelmotorsport.com/ public racing league, they expanded it from ACC to rFactor 2. Racing is all good and fine, but these starts on public servers… Watch here a multi class Nordschleife race in rFactor 2 with GT4 Porsche, BTCC and GT3 class. The first 40 seconds portray the carna… err start:

Cheers,
TeTeT

6 Likes

Rookie Cup !? lol, you are no rookie, cool driving.
rookies, like me, cant finish single lap without departing the circuit at least 3 times to check how the grass grow.

I believe. after some time I initially spent on the roads I decided to have some fun off road. you see how it ended up on my above picture hugging the tree.

3 Likes

BeamNG has come such a long way, I’m really impressed with it. When I bought it years ago I thought it would remain some kind of tech demo but it’s really shaping up into a full fledged game. And to think it’s only v0.27!
I did some freeroam on the new map…

And it reminded me of a video I saw a few months ago:

Quickly went back into the game to check if there was a scenario similar to it and sure enough I found one: Calamity Peak Sprint.
Pretty darn hard to finish in one piece :grin:

5 Likes

Awesome shots dude! That Josh Daniel vid is incredible. I don’t think you can find a more fun form of racing. :slight_smile: Offroad flying is the life for me.

1 Like

I have had BeamNG on my wishlist for a while… definitely going to have to get it now :slight_smile:

Edit: And I get notification that it (and 8 other items in my wishlist) is ‘On Sale’ now. Perfect timing :smiley:

4 Likes

Thanks for the heads up … I just picked up BeamNG last weekend with slightly less than 2 hours on it so I should be able to get the credit. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well, this happened.

4 Likes