- Currently in the stage of developing the SFM model. All the parts with the exception of the cockpit have been modeled and are undergoing texturing. Cockpit is expected to be completed by early June 2021.
- ETA for the first version of the SFM is by mid April 2021.
- ETA for the final version of the SFM is mid June 2021 (tentative).
- Work on the EFM is slated to begin in mid June 2021 (tentative).
- ETA for EFM is to be determined.
Will the SFM mod be available to the public?
- The MiG-17F SFM mod will be available to a select few for Alpha testing. Since the SFM will not be released there will be no Beta testing.
Will the EFM mod be available to the public?
- The plan is to have the MiG-17F be an official DCS mod purchased thru Eagle Dynamics.
- Every step currently taken in MiG-17F’s development is being made with this in mind. We want this plane to fly along other great mods in DCS…and look forward to some of your videos
Will the MiG-17F EFM mod be available for Alpha and Beta testing?
- Yes, there will be a small selected group of Alpha testers.
- Yes, there will be a bigger and broader group for Beta testing.
Can I sign up for Alpha or Beta testing?
- Unfortunately, Alpha testers will be handpicked. If you have a case as to why you should be a part of the Alpha test team, please contact us (when contact information becomes available) and let us know why.
- Beta testing will be broader, but it will be made up of experienced DCS pilots. These DCS pilots will be people who have tested before and know how to test. They have to be detail oriented and meticulous in their reporting of issues. There will be an announcement with a request for Beta testers.