Rocket League: Mudspikers

I’m glad to hear it’s challenging. Looking forward to it!

https://m.imgur.com/r/RocketLeague/PBlxpBW

1 Like

@adlabs6, word of advice that’ll save you frustration and embarrassment … when you get the game, don’t jump right into matches against pubbers.

Spend a good amount of time on the training exercises and matches against AI.
Focus on arial maneuvering since the ball is rarely on the ground. Also, master the forward somersault kick right from the get go (forward stick A A) … great for kick-off and jamming the ball into the net.

3 Likes

Thanks guys. I downloaded that pic to learn it, and will certainly make use of the AI.

The AI is actually pretty interesting … let’s say if you play 2v2 with an AI teammate, he/it (whatever) will actually play net pretty well and sense if you’re trying to play offense or defense and adjust accordingly. Other times though they just have a complete AI breakdown. :slight_smile: Time to move in for the shot!

There’s a single player season. Play local it’s under there. But also play with us. We don’t care if we lose.

smashing balls into nets now…

Overstatement of the year LOL! Um, no, I have not mastered these skills. That’s what the evil dev’s want me to think. I ain’t fallin’ for their crock of lies! :upside_down_face:

You require more rocket league players. Your goal is under attack. Insufficient goalkeepers.

wtf dudes, get this game and come play.

What play mode are you guys doing for practice/play? 2v2 AI? or 2v2 teams against each other like R6?

Only 3 of us (1 friend not from here) playing since @linebacker is “not playing” (at least with us). We’ve just been getting our asses handed to us in 2v2 or 3v3 depending on how many are here.

We should probably practice. We really suck.

edit: haha, phone autocorrected… android is dumb sometimes.

1 Like

I’m surprised more mudspikers aren’t playing rocket league. It involves flying…if you’re good and you can “spike” the ball.

Also, where is @fearlessfrog? He’s supposed to be here on his vacation. Of course, I don’t blame him, it had to be frustrating to play with total noobs. Haha

I’ve been hitting YouTube for videos on play tips. I’m looking forward to getting some play in.

I need to watch more videos too. Once you start playing, you’ll find that you understand what needs to be done and actually executing it are completely different things. Example, on kickoff you run at the ball and you miss completely. Smh

1 Like

We only do that like 10 times a match :stuck_out_tongue:

Also, I think I fly my car like I would fly a helicopter… disastrously. Flailing in the wind.

I think we might have very different interpretations of ‘vacation’ @saghen. :slight_smile: I’m down in Florida sweating like a manatee in a fur coat.

Looking forward to getting back home and seeing how everyone has the pro moves in RL though. :oncoming_automobile:

Hahaha pro moves. If you consider seizure like rotations while hitting nothing but air pro moves we welcome you with open arms!

1 Like

My anger management therapist says I should stay away from Rocket League. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

So, kick off strats (there are probably lots of better YouTube vids on this but whatever)…

You’ve probably noticed that there is a limited number of car start positions. Each one requires a different strategy:

• Wide Left / Goalie / Wide Right

For this make sure the Goalie stays on their line. Left and Right are meant to work out who is to rush. Whoever doesn’t rush is meant to go get their side mid power pill.

• Mid Left / Mid Right / Goalie Behind

Again, Goalie on line always. Left / Right decide who boost rushes. Whoever doesn’t boost rush drives forward (without boost) to get the nice Mid bounce shot, i.e. they have time to see what happens.

• Goalie Left / Goalie Right / Wide Right.

Wide boost rushes always. Always. If you aren’t getting first touch then you are not forward spinning fast enough. Essentially press left stick forward while accelerating in boost, release boost, flip forward and once the back of your car is pointing backwards hold boost again. This is faster than just full throttle and boost held. Rocket League laughs hard at mere physics!

The two goalies decide which one is going to stay on the goal line and which one non boost goes up mid looking for bounce shot.

As a general tip, whoever is boost rushing kick off try just to block and not shoot. Block with a back flip, as it makes a nice defence move. Be holding down the throttle and boost at countdown. The 2nd player in is the one meant to score from the rebound of your lovely block.

Anyway, typing on phone but you get the idea.

2 Likes