Scale Modellers, lets talk :)

Digga!

7 Likes

My wife just said, “thats friggin’ badass”. Our Grandson, Noah would love that.

6 Likes

My sons father is extremely envious as well

5 Likes

Futurama Buy GIF

3 Likes

I love my tank

7 Likes

Way too clean though. Get it out there and splash some mud around :slight_smile:

This is a Leopard in it’s natural environment:

An so is this:

10 Likes

So, i found a great website that does mods for my Challenger

Just ordered a few bits to improve it…

This is a wiring loom with a slip connector and a new slewing ring so my turret can spin 360 degrees instead of 320 and not tear the wiring out.

I bought a little rubber sleeve to fit over the barrel to make it slighly more realistic looking.

I’m tempted by these tracks as well, although i already have metal tracks which are cool enough as it, but the rubbertrack pads and double link foot pads are just so so cool, that i might have to take the plunge when i got some spare cash. This also means replacing the road wheels with upgraded rubber and steel versions and i can’t afford it yet.

Then i found this. He also does a full metal leopard 2a6 and a gepard AA gun as well.

This little hobby could prove costly.

8 Likes

@Bogusheadbox, do you build scale models…?

Coming soon to reskit-models.com
I need one!

And just for ambience:

5 Likes

Tank update.

Just shorted out the main board with a slip of the wrist.

No circuit breakers or fuses. £60 down the drain.

On the plus side. The 360 turret traverse mod was amazing.

1 Like

Spares for sale, or do you need to get a completely new tank?

Just ordered a new main board and transmitter. Its my own fault. Got a bit over confident with the multi meter and slipped while i was holding a wire apart.

Poof…

I’m very upset. But its not terminal. Annoyingly i was moving the wiring around to make it tidier and less chance of the 360 slip wiring harness snagging and accidentally pulled 2 exactly the same coloured wires out then shorted it trying to find out which way round they went.

Meh…not the end of the world. Just an expensive cock up

6 Likes

Frustrating… Or so I hear. I never make mistakes like that.

Liar Lie GIF by Fluffy Friends

6 Likes

Im surprised there isnt any circuit protection built into the board.

Still, never mind. I have spent enough on scale model tanks for one year. Stop fiddling and just enjoy it from now on

6 Likes

Yeah, that’s what I always say… I never buy upgrades for my RC toys.

false abraham simpson GIF

Dammit! :wink:

5 Likes

I’m wondering if anyone has shoehorned an FPV camera into the commander’s display unit or gunner’s primary sight. Maybe for the driver?

Edit: of course they have.

4 Likes

Yeah there is an awesome kit that I’m totally not going to buy at the earliest opportunity

4 Likes

I totally don’t need a FPV tank…

Dr Evil Whatever GIF

4 Likes

It comes pre wired for the kit…plug and playyyy…

4 Likes

I need one like I need another hole in my head, but…when I saw the dude stand on and ride the 60 kilo meatal Tiger, my resistance crumbled.

4 Likes

Cool. The one time I got to sit in a F-111 when I was a kid was actually an escape module that they had on display at an airshow at RAAF Amberley waay back in the late 70’s. I know it was ages ago because the RAAF still operated helicopters (9 SQN and 12 SQN).

tagging @bogusheadbox because apparently it’s the law :wink:

2 Likes