So, Who's Got COVID?

Thanks, luckily turned out to be false positives.

Fingers crossed it’s just a cold.

6 Likes

I just got my third jab yesterday. Omicron is starting to make its rounds properly in NZ now so it’s just a matter of time when everyone here gets it.

I hope I have a couple of weeks before I do, so the jab has a chance to maximise its effectiveness.

4 Likes

So, all good- I mean wife is in a humor because of the cold she’s got but after four negative one-per-day tests - she’s in the clear.

Sarah Chalke Relief GIF

10 Likes

My PCR came back negative, despite having had some olfactory hallucinations (I smell burning plastic, is my PC about to die?! Who puked in the toilet?)

11 Likes

3 kids in my sons class, 2 kids and the teacher in my daughters. Its in the post isn’t it. Been lucky so far.

We’ve all been ill last week but negative every day. The net is tightening though. I’m psycho about washing my hands and sanitising myself (see my constant red sore hands for proof) which I think is whats kept it at bay so far, I wear a mask everywhere as well as to be honest I quite like that nobody can recognise me at first glance lol

5 Likes

Thought Fliss and I had it. Just common or garden flu with a nasty chest cough. Will be better next week

8 Likes

Ours was changed from 10 days to 5 days if your vax’d and symptom free a few months ago.

My issue was I was vax’d, still caught it, and the full blown flu, (which I was also vax’d for),
I’m still having issue’s with “Long CV”, I still have huge sinus inflammation and morning plugs I have to cough up, as well as coughing fits and sinus aches (feels like I have 2 black eyes and area around my nose and orbital is stupid sensitive).

I had to wait the entire 10 days, tested Neg, but still had symptoms.

Understandably the first 5 days I was unable to function anyway, never lost sense of smell or taste, but I lost appetite, ability to eat anything substantial without getting sick, and severe light sensitivity.

The cramps, muscle spasms/tears/ulcers(maybe?) and tight chest and ab muscles from coughing so much/hard were de-habilitating as well, literally felt like I tore my diaphragm from my insides a few times, and was unable to move due to an intense combo of both sharp and dull pain in my lower abs and back that lasted for hours and spiked when I tried to move, and even more when I coughed.

Ironically after 4 days I found sleeping on my stomach face down was the best way to rest, as the mucus would not drain into my throat and cause coughing fits, but out my nose or mouth. the amount of crap I had on the gauze pads every morning was crazy, the thought of that being drained post nasal and down my throat while I slept every night was stomach turning. I was still waking up with a mucus plug that I would have to hock up and discharge, and it was always some weird green or red/orange color and what felt like and likely was clots.

Like I said, was not a pleasant journey.

9 Likes

Never fun to be ill. And you got a double dose too.
I’ve had worse battles with flu’s than I did with Covid. That said, I still have an irritating cough and sinus blockages. I usually do after a bout with the flu too. Getting a viral infection makes way for a bacterial infection, and that seems to be the case with me.

3 Likes

It is certainly no fun. My airline flying career ended due to a similar effect After the chemical accident I found the amount of mucus going down my airway while I slept caused laryngospasms, where the larynx closed itself to prevent my lungs filling with the stuff. When your larynx closes you can no longer breathe. At all. I found I had to throw myself bodily at a wall to drive the air out of my lungs and so clear the airway. No fun, particularly when you crack ribs. I finally saw an ENT consultant who put me in hospital to have the airway enlarged. The greater flow/volume of air dried up more of the mucus. It hasn’t been a significant problem since then. By the time my airway had healed from the operations I was on the verge of reaching an age airline pilots have to retire. Instead I restarted instructing and came across a student called @Victork2. My DCS encounters led from there…

13 Likes

Round 2 for me. Lab-positive.

By the time I got the results, I was no longer running a fever. That was Friday.

My uncle is not so lucky. He’s in a hospital south of Fort Worth in an open-air COVID ward that looks like something out of a 50s psychological horror film. If y’all are the praying type, his name’s Johnnie.

10 Likes

Late to the party.

5 Likes

Hopefully it is a mild case Doug. I just got over it myself and consider myself fortunate in that it was just cold like symptoms. Hope you bounce back quickly!

3 Likes

I went on a road trip Tuesday, and my wife called today saying that she tested positive after having a fever and severe headaches for two days. I offered to come home tonight to take care of the kids and she very pragmatically declined saying that she was probably a bigger risk to me than the kids. She said that two out of three had mild fevers for the same time period, but are symptom free now. Sounds like our home is a hot zone. I think that I will stay out in the garage apartment when I get home tomorrow night.

5 Likes

My wife and I got it 2 weeks ago. Still have the lingering cough and mucus, but the fever and sore throat only lasted like 3 days.

4 Likes

speedy recovery to all !

4 Likes

“I’ll be here in the office all week, but masked, because of all the COVID running around at home.”

• My center director, just now, finishing a team-wide call.

…and I immediately emailed to ask about when I can start working from home.

6 Likes

Be well old man :salute:

2 Likes

Pretty much our symptoms progress exactly.

Never had it and never had the injection either - go figure! Had colds just like normal though.

1 Like

We still don’t know how we got it. We were barely around anyone when we would’ve needed to be exposed.
If it wasn’t for the 3-day long fever, we wouldn’t have bothered to test ourselves for it either. It was so mild that it wasn’t what we were expecting. In fact, the cough was worse after the other symptoms were over. The recovery lasted longer than the disease and was more annoying.