Star Wars (News, Thoughts, and Musings... No poetry...)

I thought the trailer looked good. Not good enough to make me fork out money for Disney +, but considering I’ll get it for free with my Verizon unlimited wireless account for a year I definitely plan to watch.

i got FiOS and Unlimited Wireless

at $6.99 a month I might consider it for a month only. Not sure if all episodes will be up right away though, if not I can wait till they are. No rush.

I might have heard they’re releasing them weekly or in batches of 2-3 at a time. I can’t recall now.

As I have 2 kids, I just did the special deal they had this summer where I got 3 years up front for less than $4/month or whatever it was. There’s no way we won’t get usage out of it. After that, I will decide whether to keep it or not.

Co-worker and I were just discussing this today. According to him, it will be one a week.

6 posts were split to a new topic: Star Wars Rise of Skywalker (with spoilers)

Brace yourselves for three new Star Wars films…which I shall hopefully forget about again.

1 Like

I mostly liked the last few, so I am excited.

I cautiously optimistic. Looks like one of the movies will be set in the old republic - even if it is only a fraction as good as the KOTOR games I will like it (wonder if Revan makes an appearance?).

I always thought that the ‘tales’ series of books would have made great TV. It has been decades since I read them but I remember Tales of the Bounty Hunters was my favourite. They kind of touched on it in The Book of Boba Fett, but it was the IG88 story that I thought was awesome.

The franchise has served me well for 30 of the 45 years it has been around. I’m done.

1 Like

A few mins ago. They are prepping this MF for launch.

5 Likes

Surprised Daisy agreed to do another one, she said she had no interest after the 3rd one.

1 Like

Do not underestimate the power of the force projected by the deep pockets of disney…

7 Likes

The Force is strong in this one. The little devious rodent is tied to your bank account.

1 Like

Our vacation didn’t exactly turn out like we planned, when our ship was hijacked by an imperial star destroyer.

My wife and a daughter plan our escape while the crew was distracted.

9 Likes

Extremely jealous right now. When I mentioned to my wife about how I would fly to the US just to do that, her reply was “when we win the lottery… and you’re on your own”.

4 Likes

Did she specify which lottery and how much…?

2 Likes

Pretty sure it is one where first prize has at least seven zeroes… Not the raffle down at the Pub :wink:

2 Likes

I see… Just trying to find a loophole for you. :wink:

2 Likes

There are no loopholes. And if there were, they could be retrospectively closed after the fact… and that is why rational argument/debate is impossible in this house :shushing_face:

3 Likes