Star Wars (News, Thoughts, and Musings... No poetry...)

That and people would probably have criticized it as “unoriginal”, “predictable” and thus “boring”.

Um…did I see Carrie Fisher? (who died 3 years ago) Why, yes I did?

The movie will feature the late Carrie Fisher in her iconic role as General Leia Organa, as evident by her appearance in the trailer. Her showing up was made possible through the use of unreleased footage from “The Force Awakens” and “The Last Jedi.”

She was in the prior film as well. (Spoiler alert)

1 Like

Yeah I think they are trying to give the character a proper send off.
She is still alive there (she died after TLJ was finished IIRC)

I’ll be there. Good. Bad or ugly. Its star wars and I love star wars.

Its daft nonsense about space ninjas and spaceships. It cant be critiqued in any meaningful way. Its nonsense.

But god I love it so much

5 Likes

What he said. Space ninjas and pantheism, a man could want, what else? Hmm?

5 Likes

8008135!

5 Likes

Banned!! Again :joy::joy:

2 Likes

HAHAHAHA

2 Likes

What feels weird about that trailer is that the movie is supposed to be the grand finale, while I am still waiting for the new trilogy to finally take off. So far nothing has happened that I really care about.

I loved Rouge One though.

6 Likes

My take on it is this.

I just posted the following to the Facebookpages of:

Leland Y Chee

Lucy Autrey Wilson

Sue Rostoni

Disney

Start of post
An open letter to:

Allan Kausch

Leland Y Chee

Lucy Autrey Wilson

Sue Rostoni

And all of the others involved.

I want to thank you all for the many years of Star Wars greatness that you have given me.

You have maintained the integrity with love, care and dedication, that made Star Wars a safe enjoyable and happy place for me to be in.

I have spend countless hours enjoying life with the fruits of your labours of love.

To me Disney has sadly killed off a very close and dear friend and tried to replace it with something, that is only related by name.

There where so many stories yet to be told in the Expanded Universe and now it seems that it will never happen.

I so very much hope that Disney will see reason and bring back the EU that have kept Star Wars alive for so many people over the years.

Your effort, dedication, care, integrity, hard work and love in all of those years, are very much appreciated.

Thank you so very much.

Dan Nielsen

Longtime Star Wars Fan from Denmark

End of post

I very much agree with the statements offered here:

Happy Simming

Wait. What about Han?

1 Like

Star Wars was always derivative. It was designed that way. The original trilogy is the old hero’s myth retold. The prequel trilogy is a tragic hero downfall superimposed on the historical precedent of a republic becoming an empire.
We won’t know what the new one is really supposed to be until December, but it does seem like it’s retelling the hero’s myth again.

However, the innovation was always in how the story was told, not the story being told. You are supposed to be familiar with the story from the start. You’re just along for the ride. A rollercoaster never surprises anyone who rides it, but it should be enjoyable to ride. Dips, turns, climbs, and finally a stop.

1 Like

Perfectly put.

1 Like

They used cut footage from 2 Films ago (Force Awakens), and they happen to be green screen scenes, so they can easily change the back drop to put her in the same environment as the rise of skywalker.

1 Like

Just found out that Verizon unlimited customers will get a year of Disney + for free. Hopefully this allows me to see the Mandalorian film.

1 Like

I got FiOS and Unlimited Phone, :-).

Last year I got a year of Amazon Prime for Free + an Amazon Alexa.

It’s a 6 episode series, not a single film, so we get a lot more. I’m pretty sure it’s 6, might be 8.
However, in the Old Days we called that a miniseries.

I suppose the main difference is a miniseries aired 2 hours at a time (well, 100 mins if you take out commercials) on consecutive nights. So 6 hours was 3 nights. Now we get 6 1-hour blocks.

Was the last one I saw the BSG one? Maybe…

2 Likes

I can’t wait for that! :smiley:

1 Like

The first time I watched the new BSG series I didn’t even know about the mini-series existence (it wasn’t on Netflix with the series at that point). Let me tell you, 33 is a drastically different episode if you don’t watch the mini-series first. Still really good, but without the context changes the feel quite a lot.

Surprised the Mandalorian is only going to be 6-8 episodes, given how it is one of those selling points for Disney+ thought it would be a regular series. But I haven’t exactly been paying close attention to it either.

2 Likes