Star Wars TV Shows

I agree when she 10 I felt it was a stretch, but she (for me anyway) does such a good job of acting like Leia that I can overlook it. The scene that threw me offf was the rooftop scene, Obi was pinned down but still managed to keep her from a pavement face dive then it cuts to him on the street.

Other than that love it so far. Casting has been interesting as you never know who is going to showup, like Flea lol

1 Like

Anyone watching Andor? Watching the birth of the rebellion and character development has been more engaging than I expected… despite knowing Cassian’s fate.

Here’s a fun tidbit:

1 Like

I thought it started off a bit slow. For me the first three episodes were ‘meh’… normally I will watch the first three episodes of a new series before deciding to continue or not and was about to give up on it.

I broke my own rule and watched the fourth episode. Glad I did because it really picked up from there.

I didn’t think Disney would be able to do justice to the Star Wars universe and again glad I was proved wrong. IMHO all the TV series spin-offs are superior to the final three movies.

The only one I am ambivalent about is ‘The Book of Boba Fett’, but that is only because I always imagined Boba as a complete badass and would have liked to have seen Temeura Morrison channel more ‘Jake the Muss’ (Once Were Warriors) and less ‘Hone Ropata’ (Shortland Street)

1 Like

I’m enjoying it. Like @Harry_Bumcrack said, bit slow to start but its getting good.

Its not BOBF or Mando good. But I’m liking it.

Heh, its star wars. Star wars good.

2 Likes

I absolutely loved it.

2 Likes

Amen brother.

1 Like

OK, so finally caught up on all the episodes released for Andor so far, and holy crap! Anybody else watching?

1 Like

Yes and although I thought it was a bit slow out of the blocks, it became one of the better spinoffs IMHO. Actually prefer it to ‘Book of Boba Fett’.

But no spoilers please… still have the last three episodes to go.

Edit: after reading the @speck post below, I have five episodes to go (episode 6 was the last I was able to watch)… so please, I beg you, no spoilers :pleading_face:

Yes it’s great! I wasn’t really expecting much, especially after not caring too much for obi-wan and boba fett so expectations were low - I am so surprised. For me it’s the second best after the mandolorian.

12 episodes too, I didn’t realize and thought episode 7 was the last one!

1 Like

While a slow burn to start, Andor for me is a breath of fresh air. I am really enjoying it and actually look forward to upcoming episodes. The characters are fleshed out well and the story is engaging. There are some minor missteps but overall I think it is the best they have put out since Rogue One.

3 Likes

Its star wars without any force, lightsabers, swashbuckling and cartoon action.

Its flipping brilliant. I still far preferred the BOBF and Mando but this is a new style of story telling that is exciting and fresh. Its amazing.

Plus gollum is in there and i very much enjoy his presence in anything.

4 Likes

they got the formula right with rogue one… its a star wars film without being a star wars film …it was more of a gritty second world war thriller like Where eagles dare with lasers

3 Likes

And that’s why I love it so dearly. I bet the Force and the lightsabers will make their acte de presence at a certain point, but their absence only adds to their gravitas which is awesome and badly needed as that was greatly damaged by the last few movies.

I love the protagonist. He’s no super hero. He’s you and me (except with prettier eyes). I love how they portray the empire in it’s bureaucratic banale evil. These are the space nazis who make the trains run on time, wether they go to Upton upon Thyne or Auschwitz.

This is StarWars for grownups and I love it for that. Rogue One felt like that too to me.

6 Likes

The weird thing is that I didn’t actually enjoy rogue one that much. It wasn’t bad but… just didn’t appeal to me, although it should be right up my alley, as I enjoy the “normal” characters in a world in which super heroes (like Jedi) are what has the most impact on the world.

I even liked the sequel trilogy better, despite its cheesiness.

I did like Mando though. Most of it anyway.

2 Likes

I think all of the new movies are pretty awful. The series have been inconsistent. Some of the Mandalorian feels fresh but some of it I think was overrated. I’d still watch it over the new movies any day. Rogue one had some great ideas and set pieces and felt like the first time someone made Star Wars new, despite the script being very problematic, structurally.

(actually all of the new movies fail to realize that the essence of Star Wars is a clean, efficient story and script - even the prequels felt overly bloated and weird - it’s so weird to bring JJ Abrams to helm the new ones, his scripts are nothing like that, which is perfect for Star Trek, but damn execs can’t see the difference between Star Wars and Star Trek… I digress)

Anyway, Rogue One felt like finally we were going to see a new Star Wars, that found its new style. Only to see several other new Star Wars styles being attempted every new show. Well, Andor Finally hit, and it’s Rogue One but good. I’m actually enjoying Star Wars again.

2 Likes

I’ve yet to watch it but I will now.

I personally liked Rogue One. But you could show me 2 hours of X and Y wings fighting with zero dialogue and I’d still think it was the best SW ever! :joy:

5 Likes

Then I reckon you would like Star Wars Squadrons, if you don’t already have it? Awesome VR experience.

3 Likes

I really struggled with squadrons. Really really couldnt get into it despite on paper should of been the greatest thing ever

3 Likes

My boy is deeply madly head over heels with it. I’m struggling as well. It’s suffering from multiplayer balancing and game mechanics. Looks purdy though, and in VR!

3 Likes

Exactly the same here … hate the control binding system centred around control pad. … pain in the backside to set up hotas ( or it was last time I loaded it up )

3 Likes