The 33 is getting some love!

Meh. Still no clickable cockpit. So probably will fly it once or twice and then do something else.
I know nobody said it would have one, but even with less systems depth I had hoped for that a bit.

Well let me do something I don’t often do and defend ED! And this in no way is a slag against those who find the Flamming Cliffs airplanes, updated or not, dull. Most of us bought DCS as a complex study sim, so to loose interest in the aspects of the product which are not is completely understandable. There was really very little economic reason to upgrade the Su27, F-15 and A-10A. I doubt it resulted in new sales. I don’t think it was an easy thing for coders to do, even without complex systems modeling. Maybe there was some promise buried in history like the promise for Nevada or WWII which resulted in plenty of surprise freebees for yours-truly years later. But I am not aware of it. So this does excite me. And since I occasionally throw merde ED’s way, I hope they know that this sort of generosity is appreciated.

6 Likes

Good Man! I really enjoy the A-10A and the F-15. Sometimes I want complex and crazy… Sometimes I just want to have fun. The F-15 is FUN and can be complex… Just do a bvr engagement.
I sometimes don’t understand their choices (Buchon… Really?!) But for the most part I’m a DCS groupie.

1 Like

I agree - I think it shows the passion that the developers themselves have for the series. And though I don’t know it from any inside baseball, I suspect that the Flanker has a very special place in the developer’s hearts…as well as the Su-25T…so I’m really, really hopeful that they will consider making them full on modules at some point. Until then, I’m really excited about the upgrades we have continuously seen over the years.

And at the risk of being a @Bogusheadbox - we should really have the Su-25UTG. Now, back to your regular programming…

3 Likes

From what I gather, SFM will be AI only and all aircraft for players will be AFM or better

I had to look that one up.

I Have a hard enough time stopping that plane on a full sized runway with a drag chute let alone that thin little wire

1 Like

Why does it need to be ED only that would develop a fully clickable cockpit or ASM aircraft from the Flaming Cliffs family?

Ohhh i agree @BeachAV8R , but step in line :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Well @BeachAV8R, where you get the edge over @Bogusheadbox, is that there are ten of the examples of the type you like still operational.

5 Likes

4 Likes

Su-33 for DCS World Coming Soon

Su-33 for DCS World is now available for pre-purchase! Normally priced at $14.99 USD, the Su-33 will be discounted to $11.99 while in pre-purchase, a 20% savings. The Early Access release is set for late-September 2017.

Owners of DCS: Flaming Cliffs 3 will receive the Su-33 for FREE! Upon Early Access release of the Su-33 for DCS World, DCS: Flaming Cliffs 3 will be priced at $44.99 USD.

Features of this upcoming Su-33 update include:

Professional Flight Model (PFM)
More detailed and accurate simulation of the wing control surfaces that include the leading and trailing edge flaps and the differential ailerons. In addition to the conventional differential stabilizers, canard behavior has also been improved for more realistic behavior. The Flight Control System (FCS) will automatically reconfigure itself depending on the flight mode.
The adaptations that make the Su-33 aircraft carrier-capable have been updated and improved to include the wing-fold mechanism, reinforced landing gear struts, and the inclusion of high-gain nose wheel steering for use on crowded carrier decks.
The physical mechanisms by which the arrestor hook engages the aircraft carrier arrestor wire has been greatly improved. Correct physics have been applied to the arrestor wire and its’ interaction with the aircraft.
The engines now have a “special mode” that adds up to 12,800 kg of thrust (instead of the normal 12,500 kg of thrust). This mode also includes realistic operating time restrictions.
A new FCS mode used when aerial refueling has also been implemented. When in this mode and the control stick is released, the aircraft will automatically maintain level flight. This FCS mode allows fine-control and thus making it easier to make contact with the tanker within a pitch range of plus or minus 5 degrees and of a roll angle of plus or minus 10 degrees.
The Auto-Thrust Control (ATC) is used for automatic speed holding and can be fine-tuned with a set speed switch. This can be useful with landing on the carrier.
The automatic collision avoidance system (“Uvod” mode) is now included and allows safe nap-of-the-earth flying.

5 Likes

When did I start this thread…January 2016…

Gotta be close now.

damn right

The Early Access release is set for late-September 2017.

Just about one more month to go!

2 Likes

Looks like they are committed to that AR autopilot thing. Ugggh.

I would blame Vasiliy Valislich Vasiliov, who apparently can’t tank to save his life iRL.

2 Likes

Boys with their toys…

3 Likes

I’m glad they’re doing this, but…

You’d prefer an…

5 Likes

Ah the little known SU111 a very rare beast :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like