The Mandalorian TV show [spoilers]

I’ll be honest I wasn’t sold on Mando at first. I like Pedro pascal in Narco’s and thought it was a bit of a waste of talent. I was totally incorrect. That guy is just fantastic. Plus Mando as a character just gets better and better. Bill Burr really surprised me with his ability as well. Utterly spectacular.
I really am totally in love with the whole series. Jon Favreau is my new best bud.

2 Likes

Same for me brother…

1 Like

I watched the mandalorian with my youngest daughter… She was blown away with it and asked if we could do the whole star wars experience … so we started correct way and watched episodes 4,5 and 6 … Then watched 1,2 and 3 … Tonight its going to be rogue one and solo over the weekend … But then the ones I dread… 7 8 and 9…even worse than jar jar … :grin:

3 Likes

Oh…that is a great movie night!

3 Likes

I soo agree.
Call me what you want but both Solo and Rogue One are BRILLIANT!

5 Likes

Yeah…I don’t know what it is about Star Wars, but the older me gets pretty emotional about it. It stands to reason…when we first saw it (those of us that were kids in that era) we were pretty young and innocent. We’ve been through a lot over those decades…so I think there is a reasonable emotional attachment to those recesses of our brain.

6 Likes
2 Likes

I think that’s a big part of my love for it. When I first watched ep 4-6 the world was still a big place. No Internet, no 24 hr news. I watched those films where the little guy can win against the might of evil. I grew up with those characters and drew pictures of them and had the toys and played the games. They WERE my friends. The joy I have when I think back to watching the 2nd death star explode and lando and the few X wings escaping from the explosion and thr party on Endor still brings me happiness and a nice warm feeling.
All the new films introduced and in some peoples eyes ruined things. But to me seeing all my old friends again if only for a little part of the films was beautiful. They all came back to see me!! That brought out a bit of the lonely little boy I used to be.
Even what I saw today did it. I got to see R2! BOBA! Bib Fortuna! It was lovely. Properly lovely. I can’t really put into words just how happy that made me this morning. I know its only fan service. I know, I know, I know. I’ve heard all the arguments against it.

I don’t care. I thought it was perfect. Nothing can change my mind on that as it really meant so much to me to see them all again.

2 Likes

The biggest lump in my throat moment was in TFA when Han boards the Falcon…man I loved that…

4 Likes

Every time I see Lukes X wing. Its like watching a parents car come up the driveway after they have been away

3 Likes

Ok, so anybody here watching Book of Boba Fett? Because holy crap, that last episode.

3 Likes

Amazing. Absolutely bloody amazing. The whole western aesthetic is incredible in thar scene. You know the one.

3 Likes

Sounds like it’s binging time

2 Likes

Yes. Yes it is. Then we’ll pick back up in the Lego thread.

1 Like

By the way, I’m thinking it’s about time to start introducing the 4 year old to Star Wars. Any recommendations on where to start?

2 Likes

The Mandalorian, or rather, Grogu, got my daughter hooked…
She was already into the lore, via some LEGO Star Wars games for the Playstation, so she already knew about the Anakin/Vader/Luke/Leia connection. So I started her on the original trilogy, the new trilogy, and then the rest.

1 Like

Honestly, the prequels Ted. Ja ja binks made my lad laugh his ass off. I know it won’t be a popular choice but it worked for me.
The original trilogy aren’t bright and shiny enough for kids these days, the later ones are a bit dark and gloomy, the spinoffs are a bit adult and gritty.

Trust me. The prequels are the way to get them hooked.

3 Likes

I agree. That’s why I started with those as I was afraid she would lose interest in the originals after being spoiled by the prequels…
But one can never hope to achieve that wow factor we who grew up on the original trilogy got, anyway.

4 Likes

Darth Vader scared the ****** out of my kids. And the rancor. And the sarlac. Watching that with them was a blast.

I wonder if Yoda made as much of an impression on them as he did on me. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter.

4 Likes

:sob:
yoda GIF

3 Likes