Today my PC game me grief on starting up. A series of bluescreens followed by some cursing and BIOS tweaking. The thing runs, but I don’t trust the thing no more. So, I have decided to move up the purchase of some parts from their planned late fall date.
Here’s what I ordered:
- NZXT C-Serie 850W
- MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PLUS moederbord socket 1151
- Intel Core i5 9600KF processor
- G.Skill DDR4 Ripjaws-V 4x8GB 4000Mhz [F4-4000C18Q-32GVK] (some fast ram)
- Cooler Master MasterLiquid Lite 240 <- an all-in-one liquid CPU cooler
- Kingston A2000 1000GB M.2 SSD <- intended for windows + DCS
It’s going to replace my decrepit old mainboard (that wouldn’t even accept the cpu without some weird BIOS hacks), CPU (i4790K) and RAM (two different batches of cheap DDR3).
It may not be a huge increase in speed, but it should be more silent, more stable and overclockable. The M2 SSD should give a fair boost in loading speed and the mainboard has room for another.
I intend to keep the 1070 around until the 30 series hit and AMD has played their hand.
So, you guys think I did a dumb, or have I gotten just the right parts?
And do you think M$ is going to accept the fact that this is really the same box still, I swear sir, it is!