Thoughts on new PC.

Yeah, I was blown away by the performance of the D15. I had a Corsair H100i liquid cooler before the D15 on my 4790K and I was not impressed with it. The stock fans were so annoyingly loud I had to replace with noctura fans. The H100i performance wasn’t really any better then air coolers I’ve used in the past. The only good thing is it makes access to motherboard/memory slots easier.

I’m using that cooler on the same CPU, and it’s really silent and cool… It was my first liquid cooler :slight_smile:

BTW!

The bear showed up on my doorstep, today. :slight_smile:

1 Like

The last few desktop gaming rigs I’ve bought were all brand name computers. I just retired an Alienware Alpha (gave it to my son) and got an Inspiron gaming rig with a 1700X Ryzen 7 at the core.

They’ve gotten so cheap and I can get a warranty on the stupid thing.

Returned home from my first bi-annual simulator proficiency check, since my commander upgrade, to find this had arrived…!

The universe is rewarding me.
(Yeah, I know I bought it. Pls don’t rain on my parade :wink: )

All parts are in house…

1 Like

Black tubing, very Darth Vader :sunglasses:

1 Like

I may have to use those LEDs… On Lightsaber Red…! :wink:

Is that a liquid cooling system?

Yes it is.

I know those aquarium pumps are fairly reliable (they’re usually the last thing to fail on my FIL’s fish tank), but I get nervous about the idea of liquids running around inside a piece of electronics. I understand they’re super efficient at dissipation of heat, though.

Yeah, me too! :slight_smile:
However, the liquid has a relatively low conductivity and the liquid cooling systems are of high quality and reliability, these days. But I wouldn’t go for the cheapest option here…

1 Like

What I do figure is that there is not much air-cooled cases can do short of a hair dryer motor to replicate the efficiency of a liquid-cooled system.

1 Like

Does anyone have an idea what are acceptable temperature ranges for motherboard and CPU? What about GPU?

Really depends on the chip set, but rule of thumb is keeping it below 80 is always a good shout but you do get some that run higher than that.
Below 60 and you are golden.

4 Likes

Did Troll finally go totally ballistic?

• Yes!
  • No…maybe not…?
  • He did that a long time ago!

0 voters

Ready to accept the ATX mobo…

3 Likes

PSU mount.

4 Likes

Things you can build with an anglegrinder…

2 Likes

I really envy your ingenuity and skills building stuff like this @Troll.

If I was to try something similar, the results would look something like this:

:scream:

2 Likes

Thanks, @PaulRix! :slight_smile:
I do like to build stuff…
I cought myself thinking that it sure would’ve been alot easier to just buy a case. I’d be up and running DCS in VR, on my new computer, by now. But then I thought, I like building this just as much as I like flightsimming… There’s no rush! I’ll just enjoy this project, while it lasts.
As long as I’m having fun, right? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That looks Sierra Hotel Troll. But what’s with the babyfood-color?

1 Like