Throttle finger lifts

Just going to leave this here…

7 Likes

I think that might work for the Cougar too! Going to whip up something and see if I can replicate it!

1 Like

@RogueSqdn
The guy with the CM throttle got back to me. Unfortunately the finger lift mod doesn’t work with the CM. He’s interested to sell it to anyone with an original MT-50 throttle.
I will make push through detent solutions for the original and CM throttles, like the one you can see in the video above.

1 Like

Working on a idle/shut off lock.

8 Likes

That’s a nice design!

1 Like

Awesome stuff dude! Both the original and CM2 models are far better ideas than what i was trying to come up with! :sweat_smile:
I got my CM2 on friday and i am thinking of designing my own detents with a push through AB detent and a finger lift idle cutoff.

Would you mind sharing your measurements (especially the arc and radius measurements of the cover that sits on top of the base)?

1 Like

Thanks, @Shaemus and welcome to Mudspike! :mudspike:
The 3D models will be made available once they are finished.

1 Like

This works!

Some minor adjustments needed…

7 Likes

awesome! i think they’re better than finger lifts! thank you for your help and waiting for final release :slight_smile:
how many % of throttle does the idle detent have?

1 Like

Hi and welcome to Mudspike, @panph90! :mudspike:

With the fingerlifts I made for the MT-50, the idle lock used the first 6% of the throttle range. I’m hoping to reduce that with the CM2 since that throttle has a larger throw.
I’m also looking into ways to remove this idle range from the throttle signal that is used in the sim, without making a custom axis curve. Stay tuned :wink:

1 Like

V2.

It’s easier to hit the push lever when not looking through the screen on your smartphone, while filming…

6 Likes

That looks neat!

1 Like

Clever design, now the Virpil throttle got interesting again!

Good job!

1 Like

Tried a flexible hinge solution. It’s definitely a very elegant solution in that it won’t require assembly and can be printed in one part.
Unfortunately it’s hard to operate and the hinge flexes when you pull the throttle against the stop…

2 Likes

Maybe another hinge design?

1 Like

The second hinge looks much better. I think if you can align the thin part of the hinge tangential to the travel direction of the throttle directly behind the ball plungers, flex could be minimzed.

Is there a way of quickly deactivating the detents while keeping the idle stops? I was thinking of something like seperate holes for the plungers so you can reach in there and unscrew the them just far enough to not touch the stopping screw anymore, but sticking out far enough from the clamp that the threaded part is still hitting idle stops.

2 Likes

Sure! You can unscrew the plungers entirely, or just a mm or two, to remove the detent action.

I made a slight change to the push lever and sent it to the printer.
Let’s see how it goes…

3 Likes

This flex hinge is much better!
You can see me fumble a bit with the lock lever, hitting some of the buttons on the throttle. This is mostly because I’m on the floor, filming and looking through the screen of the phone. That said, I’m considering another lever solution… Ideas are welcome, as always.

5 Likes

Another lever solution…

5 Likes

My mind is still blown away by this. It’s such a great solution, they got to implement something like this on their next throttle.

Again, great job Troll! :beers:

1 Like