Thrustmaster Rudder Pedals

How do you like them in comparison to your Crosswinds?

Who, me? I’ve never tried the Crosswinds.

My bad. It was B12 that had both.

1 Like

Update on my TPRs.
I returned the pedals to the shop that sold them. The postal service used an entire week to do a two day job, but I can’t blame them for the winter, I guess…
Anyway, once the shop got the pedals, they had tested them and concluded on the issue within 24 hrs. They are sending out new pedals today.

3 Likes

Good service of the shop, bad service from Thrustmaster unfortunately.

These pedals looks interesting but me personally am not quite sold on them yet.

1 Like

Me neither… They are good, no doubt about it. But I need more time with them. And for that price tag, I’m leaning towards the BRDs, as of now.

But I have some ideas on how to improve them :wink:

1 Like

Haha no doubt you have! I am sort of waiting on Thrustmaster to get the hint on cam systems and how we all want that by default!

Cams have been a thing in pedals for over 5 years now. TM had plenty of time to incorporate, and chose not to. Someone over there in product development and/or market research needs to be fired, because they seem to have engineered a different approach, that costs as much, but (based on feedback above) doesn’t quite work as well.

To me, where things get really unforgivable, is when you figure if you’re as established as Thrustmaster, and a guy working out of a furniture shop in Croatia (MFG pedals) can out design, out engineer, out build, and (based on serial number counts above) likely out sell you with an inherently simpler design that still performs better, someone somewhere took your company down the wrong path.

3 Likes

Thrustmaster haven’t been ahead of the game for many years. This decline didn’t start with the TPRs.
They have always been about looks.
My first was the F-22 Pro. Looked great. Stiff springs, but spikey pots. 3rd party digital chips made the F-22 much better.
The Cougar. Awesome metal stick. Same gimbal as the F-22. Made better by 3rd party gimbals, Hall sensors and the Foxy programming software. The TQS was nice, but needed a Hall sensor and modifications to the speedbrake switch.
The Warthog. Again with a cool metal handle, but this time with a very cool twin throttle and hall sensors.
Well, the plastic gimbal is crap, needing greasing and breaking easily.
The TM advantage is that they look like the real thing, more or less. And they have been the best there was, for a long time, provided you upgraded them…
The TPRs seems to be following that trend.

2 Likes

I think I’ll just order some Crosswinds and call it good.

7 Likes

Don’t think you will regret it.
Only advice I can give is that you wait and see what VPC is cooking… But that may be a while.

1 Like

I guess I’ll have the Crosswinds to sell if the VPC are heads and tails above them and I feel worth the upgrade. Placed my order for the Crosswinds this morning so now just sitting back and waiting for the truck to arrive hopefully next week :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Is the cat guarding the pedals? No human you may not play today!

1 Like

suuure, lot of us has this ’ test ’ setups :slight_smile:

1 Like

My replacement TPRs are waiting for me at the post office… Unfortunately I’m not home again until tomorrow night.

1 Like

Got the new pedals today and I’m happy to report that they work great!

4 Likes

’ they work great ’ !? that sounds similar to ’ they work… review in progres ’ :wink:

2 Likes

You have excellent hearing… :wink:

3 Likes

Last I read, Milan is working through current demand for the Crosswinds, which has effected bandwidth for developing said F-16 style pedals. But this is still on the road map.

3 Likes

Got a couple of heavy duty RC car dampers, that I thought I’d mount on my TPR’s…

These are 165mm hole to hole.

6 Likes