Tuesday Night DCS

I’ll try and be on a bit, soon. 20:00h CEST, I just noticed I haven’t set up SRS (and additional stuff to use in MP) in ages so I’ll try and get some settings done.

1 Like

SRS, let’s see if I can get that to work :slight_smile:
The freaks are in the briefing on hollo pointe, right?

HP North, and yes.

Remoted in, everything appears to be running normally.

1 Like

Yep, I already connected a few minutes ago and it seemed to be OK.
I’ll reconnect as soon as I have figured out what the hell is wrong with my settings. :smiley:

connecting… SRS takes over DCS radio PTT buttons, right?

I don’t think so… Ive assigned the PTT manually in the SRS client

And lol I don’t even remember the key to chat in MP… It’s been a while…

You can use the same or different, depends how you set things up.

ok, managed to contact @Aginor and get killed. How does one text-chat in DCS?

2 Likes

shift + tab

No luck today. Was just moving in for the kill and then… something killed me. Don’t know what.
And then I had a disconnect to boot.

I think I’ll call it a day. But this worked and was fun, I think we should try and see which days have most of us available, and then see if we can get a few little missions ready.

…and I really have to re-learn that Hornet. The only plane I am somewhat mission-ready in is the Hog…

Some pics:

Me and @schurem

@sobek and @schurem flying Vipers

@Andrew116 in his Gazelle

Some action!

…and a… ladder?

11 Likes

btw: Any techniques, best practices or recommended settings for SRS that we MP casuals should know of?

@schurem taking the lead while i keep trying to lock radar targets with TMS up, which sets the HUD as SOI. :stuck_out_tongue: The Viper HOTAS has already spoiled me.

That thing with the ladder was kinda interesting though.

Glad some of you made it, was good fun!

7 Likes

I had to set up PTT buttons for the radios because for some reason “Radio Switch works as Push To Talk (PTT)” does not work for me, other than that it is pretty easy, just tell it what audio devices and channels to use and then set your radio freqs ingame.

1 Like

That was great fun! Sobek, you are lucky I just went pewpew in my mind that little round we did :wink:

For some reasons my AIM-9s wouldn’t work. So I ran down a bandit and gave it the gun. Game told me I shot down F/A-18C Schurem?! wtf.

Anyway, my framerates were absolute pants, I had a continuous helmet fire from the word go and comms were spotty at best, but MAN what a blast!

I did four takeoffs, and one count 'em, one landing. :shame:

Thx @Wes for hosting and @Aginor and @sobek for flying with me :salute:

SRS is great, very immersive. But we should either use the guard freak a lot more, or find something of a lobby structure. I had no idea what the others were up to, except those flying right near me.

7 Likes

Yeah it was really impromptu, but that’s to be expected when everybody is trying to get things set up.

Guard should work in the lobby IIRC, so next time we can just coordinate more at startup.

Thx @Wes for having us. Worked pretty flawlessly.

4 Likes

Glad you fellas had fun. I’m very jealous sat at work surrounded by error messages and idiocy.

Maybe next time I’ll be able to join up

8 Likes

I see you’re a post-it man too. I swear sometimes i will forget my own name without these things.

1 Like

Twist up a paperclip for me lol. midnight wont work for me, I’m still in toddler hell and making a long night of it is something I can’t afford as I have to be a fun daddy in the morning, not a grumpy grizzly bear with coffeebreath and the patience of an angry polecat.

3 Likes

I turned off the DCS reports for everything except client connects more or less.

The real world doesn’t just announce dead people and takeoff and landings for your convenience!

We do have SLmod however, and that will report team hits. Probably was “Shurem hit player unknown in F/A-18C Hornet with: “

player unknown it does for AI sometimes. The weapon also is blank when SLmod doesn’t have it in its own tables.

2 Likes

Well that explains. I VID’ed the bogey as a flanker as my 20mm was ripping into it :gun: