Tuesday Night DCS

Most Sundays and most Fridays are no-fly days for me.
(Sunday evening might theoretically work but it is NFL season right now).
Every other evening can be arranged, usually 20:00h or so, when the children are in bed. That’s the problem if you play a game where you can’t just hit pause or idle around somewhere.

1 Like

This is so true, it hurts… And autopilot only works so far.

1 Like

Yeah, in a MMORPG I just stand into some corner and go AFK, in a single player game I hit pause, and in other games (like some online action RPG) I might just die and respawn when ready again, but in DCSW MP it is more severe.

1 Like

You tell me. I will be on from 1400 till 1700 and 1900 - 2300. By that time I’ll be having a severe case of oculusface.

Im at Zulu-1 I think. {narrator:} and he was wrong. The proper time is Zulu+2, so the times mentioned are 1200-1500 and 1700 - 2100 zulu.

2 Likes

I cross-checked my SRS settings once more with what Wes posted, but for the life of me i can’t get SRS to be triggered by the ingame radio buttons. I always have to assign them manually in SRS. :man_shrugging:

On my TM WH throttle, using the F-18 as an example:

DCS:
MicSwFwd = Comm1
MicSwAft = Comm2

SRS:
MicSwUp = PTT
MicSwFwd = Select Radio 1
MicSwAft = Select Radio 2

Forward or aft will select the radio (SRS) and open the menu (DCS). Up can be used to PTT without triggering a menu, on the currently select radio.

Not the best solution, but I work with it.

3 Likes

Yeah if i manually bind buttons, i can get it to work, but it would be nice to get it to pick the button presses up by itself, then i wouldn’t have to rebind them in SRS everytime i switch to a platform with a different radio system (e.g. Warthog with its 3 radios).

I’ve posted it on the SRS discord, let’s see if any of them can help me out.

1 Like

Ok, heard back from Ciribob, seems that it works only for some modules, excluding the ones i usually fly: Warthog, Hornet and Viper. :stuck_out_tongue:

Ah well, bit of a nuisance but at least i know now.

2 Likes

1400-1700 is perfect for me! I’ll gladly fly next to you with my French beauty, whatever you are flying.

EDIT: 1400-1700 Dutch time is 1200-1500 Zulu, if that is what we both mean @schurem ?

1 Like

Yes, that’s what I meant. So we’re at Zulu+2. Heh. I suck at timezones.

For me weekends are usually no-fly-zone. But Tuesday works.

For the time you can use the ‘date’ function here (calendar icon). It should display correctly for all timezones. Let’s see :

2019-10-20T12:00:00Z2019-10-20T15:00:00Z

2 Likes

Which DCS version is Hollo Pointe on? Release I hope?

I was flying there just last night and I was on OB. Not sure if release is on the same version. You could always use Skate’s tool to convert to OB for the event and then back to your prefered version when it is done.

2 Likes

All right, will do!

1 Like

I’ll be on in twenty, making some final preparations.

Coming online now too. Hollo Pointe North?

I’m stuck in traffic trying to get back. Be as quick as possible…typical

Almost there…

I’m on Hollo Pointe North. When you do make it, contact me at AWACS frequency (277 MHz AM).
I have Discord on for backup comms

1 Like

I’ll be on around 2019-10-20T15:00:00Z2019-10-20T18:00:00Z or so. You guys still at it?