What we hearing? - Mudspike plays

I prefer S&G’s 2nd version, from the album of the same name, as opposed to the original version on their debut album.
Differences are subtle, but enough to make me dislike the first.

As a rule, I rarely prefer covers to the originals. There are some great exceptions, of course, like The Marcel’s version of Blue Moon, or The Beatles’ cover of Money, but usually it’s the original artist who has the true feeling for the song.

cough cough All along the Watchtower cough cough

2 Likes

And as a bonus, because he rules.

As a young man (wish I was there, but I wasn’t, that year I was penniless)

1 Like

As far as covers go, this is the only time i can remember a cover has turned a song that i knew existed but didn’t care in any way about into something that really caught my attention, because the skill and attention to detail of the rearrangement is amazing.

1 Like

I really like Puddles version of Royals as far as covers go…

puddles rocks.

Mmmm…for covers I really loved GNRs cover of Dylan’s Knocking on Heaven’s Door…

yeah its a great cover. The original has a movie to go with it tho, so it has that going for it.

GnR are playing my hometown this week, but I blew all my rock 'n roll cash on a little festival that features Calexico and Nick Cave among a whole throng of other lesser gods coming weekend.

Anyway, even without Puddles, those PostModern Jukebox people know how to crank a tune:

Here’s something completely different, but also quite fitting and nearing the original in brilliance imo:

Well…I’d be nervous about buying tickets to one of their shows unless Axl has cleaned up his act the past few years. There were lots of stories about how awful they sounded in concert, long delays, and show cancellations a few years ago. I’d be interested to hear how they are doing these days…

The music is coming from inside the frakkin ship!!

2 Likes

Axl is a little princess, always has been.

Some oldies:

Strike Commander

TFX

2 Likes

If were talking old game music

3 Likes

Oh BOY I LOVED this!

1 Like

You sir, have a fine taste in jams.

1 Like

Childish Gambino, aka Lando Calrissian just dropped a couple new tracks, and I’ve been thoroughly enjoying them.

I don’t really know what to do with this

1 Like

Just what I do…ignore Despacito.

True fact: I have never heard the song. Not once.

1 Like