What we hearing? - Mudspike plays

1 Like

Iā€™m kicking myself that we missed Dead Sara a few weeks ago - gotta do a better job keeping an eye on the concert calendar.

Iā€™m annoyed sheā€™s only playing Charlotte, and on a week night at that.

2 Likes

Yeahā€¦I saw Mike Shinoda was in town for a solo performance a couple weeks ago and I only saw it on the day he was coming and couldnā€™t line up the night off. I was bummed. Never saw him in person (without Linkin Park), and donā€™t know that it would greatā€¦but Iā€™d have been interested to give it a whirlā€¦

2 Likes

Heā€™s pretty good in his side projects so probably worth checking out!

1 Like

I loved the Fort Minor album and some other collab stuff (remember the track he did with X-ecutioners?), and I saw as well that he was in town - I wouldā€™ve been down there if I couldā€™ve made it work.

4 Likes

Found this little gem by chance. Its an amazing cover sung by two young adults.
The song is a cover of Megadethā€™s ā€œA Tout Le Mondeā€ Sung by Dave Mustaines Daughter and another lad, both with amazing vocals.

Starts at 1.25

The original

2 Likes
2 Likes

Recently discovered The Dead South

2 Likes

Geddy Lee explained the genesis of the song in an interview:

The seeds for the song were planted nearly 60 years ago in April 1945 when British and Canadian soldiers liberated the Nazi concentration camp Bergen-Belsen. Leeā€™s mother, Manya (now Mary) Rubenstein, was among the survivors. (His father, Morris Weinrib, was liberated from the Dachau concentration camp a few weeks later.) The whole album ā€œGrace Under Pressure,ā€ says Lee, who was born Gary Lee Weinrib, ā€œis about being on the brink and having the courage and strength to survive.ā€

Though ā€œRed Sector A,ā€ like much of the album from which it comes, is set in a bleak, apocalyptic future, what Lee calls ā€œthe psychologyā€ of the song comes directly from a story his mother told him about the day she was liberated.

I once asked my mother her first thoughts upon being liberated," Lee says during a phone conversation. ā€œShe didnā€™t believe [liberation] was possible. She didnā€™t believe that if there was a society outside the camp how they could allow this to exist, so she believed society was done in.ā€[1]

Source: Red Sector A - Wikipedia

Wheels

1 Like
6 Likes

Iā€™m guessing thereā€™s a story hereā€¦

or a difficult work week

1 Like

It involves a bird that sprang back to life unexpectedly. Scary stuff! :bird:

1 Like

ZZ Top - Gimme All Your Lovin

Wheels

1 Like

**ZZ Top - TV Dinners

Wheels

Yeah I have a soft spot for slavic pathos. Spot the ones in there not Russian. (hint: theyā€™re Finns)

2 Likes

and this, just because it moved me:

1 Like
3 Likes

John Lee Hooker - ā€œBoom boom boomā€

Wheels

2 Likes

I love most of Hooker pieces.

Oh my, what did I writeā€¦