What we watching? – Mudspike at the movies

Yep. Norwegian by birth. Parents are still there. Moved to America to learn to fly. Married a yank. Had a family. America’s fall into dystopia scared him enough to move it all to Norway. The commute bothers him not a whip. In fact, it is pretty common for pilots here to live in Europe. Your airline was a source of national pride with him. He flat loves you guys!

1 Like

Sounds like a great guy! :smile:

We’ve had a few colleagues commuting from the US too.

Wow, I cannot begin to wrap my mind around commuting across the pond. He’s made out of sterner stuff than I am! :open_mouth: :+1: Pretty cool how small the world is though! :grin:

1 Like
2 Likes

I love Clarkson’s Farm. It’s hilarious and fun to watch.

4 Likes

I met Gerald about 6 weeks ago. Wandering around our local town with his shopping. Lovely old boy, said hello (possibly) and then wandered off smiling

Legend

5 Likes

I loved series one refreshing change from the old Top Gear format and really funny in places.

Talking about cars have just seen this history of Ford RS

1 Like

Dystopia scared him? If I were him, I’d worry about trolls in Norway. :wink:

4 Likes

Based on personal experience, if it’s not building sim pits, I’m not buying it. :rofl:

3 Likes

Watched Robin WIlliams in a movie he did in 2009.

World’s Greatest Dad

Just a little too quirky for me.
It was written and directed by Bobcat Goldthwait which definitely explains its uniqueness.

Wheels

Budget $10 million[2]
Box office $295,750[3]

:open_mouth: I’d actually never heard of it, and thought I’d seen nearly all of Robin Williams’ films.

1 Like

It’s definitely one of his that you can skip. It popped up in my Amazon feed so I decided to give it a shot because of Robin. I watched the entire movie but it never got funny nor was their any irony in the story.

Wheels

2 Likes

I haven’t minded some of his more quirky films, Moscow on the Hudson is one of my favourite Robin Williams movies. I don’t know if was because he was such a complex actor or that some movies that you expect to be funny weren’t and other so called serious films (inadvertantly?) were?

But yeah, unless you are a huge fan and this is the one movie you haven’t seen yet… I also reckon you can give it a miss.

I watched Devotion the other night and enjoyed it. I haven’t read the book yet nor really know much about Jesse Brown and Thomas Hudner other than what the film and some recent searches tells me but I recommend it. Real aircraft used wherever possible and it shows.

8 Likes

I like that movie too. Maria Conchita Alonso gives it bonus points though. bathbaby

Planes of Fame in Chino California was heavily involved with that movie. Their Bearcat, Corsair, & Mig 15 were definitely used in the movie. Their Corsair was the only three bladed prop version used in the movie. I only saw one scene on the ground where you distinctly saw the 3 bladed prop. Most of the time it was flying making that distinction impossible.

Wheels

3 Likes

I watched devotion the other night as well. Great flying scenes and introduced me to two characters I did not know. Recommended film.

6 Likes

Thanks @chipwich for the Slow Horses suggestion. I have just finished binging Season One and about to start on Season Two.

Sorry rest of the world but I think the Brits do spy thrillers better than anyone else…

3 Likes

Is The Wire any good? Had it on my watchlist for a month or so but haven’t started it yet. F1 archive keeps winning the entertainment race over breakfast.

1 Like

The Wire is great! Very well done.

2 Likes

I second that affirmation on The Wire! Great show.

2 Likes