What we watching? – Mudspike at the movies

Thirded.

Another good crime series with wire in the title is “Wire in the Blood”

1 Like

We will start watching that today, then - thanks.

I just noticed a new series on the Beeb which I might watch - often these things turn out to be pretty rubbish so I’ll reserve judgement, but you never know…

His story is included in a BBC series called The Warship: Tour of Duty

1 Like

Been watching every week - thought it was really good myself.

2 Likes

we’ll give that a look then - unfortunately we didn’t like The Wire (Mrs not keen on all the obsceneties, which was also why we stopped watching The Last Of Us) so this could do the job as it’s otherwise back to the stuff we’ve seen a gazillion times already! (btw how many actors from Walking Dead in The Wire?)

I don’t watch much TV myself but I do watch it at meal times. Always doing my hobbies usually.

Friday night is film night.

2 Likes

Oh man, you are missing out on some classic TV then. The Wire might very well have been where the current golden age of TV started. That long scene where the detectives do a thorough investigation of a murder scene and all they say is just two (mild) expletives. Genius.

3 Likes

What a pleasent surprise this series has been, just finished episode 2. I have been desperate to find anything great to watch, and I think I finally found something :partying_face:

New season of Drive to Survive came out last Friday.

I binge watched it all on Saturday. Many Guenter Steiner-isms. I’m thinking he’s leaning to role in the series and providing good quotes.

While, the series wasn’t as good as last years, it was still pretty good. There was drama this past year in F1, but I’m not sure it was quite as dramatic as the previous year.

Looking forward to this year’s season of F1.

From what I’ve been reading/watching it looks like another Red Bull clean sweep - so I hope we see as much action behind them as we did last year, because apart from the predictable outcome after about 5 races (isn’t that what the new rules were supposed to stop happening? Or was it just to dethrone Merc?), there were some interesting midfield tussles.

1 Like

The automotive digital press seem to think that Mercedes was sandbagging the test, but that might be wishful thinking. Sad to see McLaren so far down the order.

1 Like

Absolutely - I had given up a bit on McLaren after their mid-teen year woes but things did seem to be turning around and they’ve also had some likeable characters driving for them. Now things seem to be heading in the opposite direction. A real shame as I was hoping to see them as front runners again with the new reg’s but the only real beneficiaries seem to be Red Bull, so we’re straight back to single team domination.
Despite being a Hamster/any and all Brit fan, naturally enough, I would prefer to see some competition from other teams at the front. I’d have genuinely liked to have seen Ferrari win last year and I think it would have been an excellent outcome for F1.
This year I actually did something I said I never would and invested in a Sky sub primarily to watch the F1 (but also the other racing series/bikes on Eurosport) - though I did get a cheaper 18 month offer.

You never know, the 2025/6 changes might bring some real change, but having heard that so many times it’s hard to be optimistic.

1 Like

Star Wars Disney Plus GIF by Disney+

5 Likes

It is the way … but at present I have gone radio dark on this … I hate watching series one per week, and will binge the lot in probably one day, when it’s finished :grinning:

5 Likes

Same here. The last of us is doing my head in week by week.

Wait to the end, dont spoil it and enjoy a big hit of mando.

4 Likes

But wait…if Pedro Pascal dies in The Last of Us, then that means he’s dead in Mando as well. If you don’t watch on the air-date, he could die before you ever begin your binge of either show and then you’ll miss them both.

Now my head hurts.

7 Likes

I sure Pedro Pascal already died in at least one thing he was in.

2 Likes

Weird and very dark humour but liked it overall

2 Likes

I’m the exact opposite. I can’t sit and watch more than two episodes of something before I have to move on. I can spend an evening watching three different series, I just can’t stand to watch 3+ episodes of something at once.

4 Likes

Yup. My wife has a limit of one 1-hour episode of something in the evenings before she’s falling asleep, regardless of what it is. Something about our couch and the magical properties it manifests around 9PM. :grin:

4 Likes

Cry of the innocent. Film based loosely on a Frederick Forsyth book.

Do not watch.

Exec aircraft blown up over Ireland routing Rome Shannon, New York. Bomb in wing root.

OK its a BN2b Islander. Bomb was in port engine gascolator panel. A good five feet from the wing root at the back of the engine. It would have run out of fuel without needing the bomb. No executive for a pharma company would buy an Islander for reasons too many to list.

The plot was as bad.

5 Likes

12 years a slave, 2013 Steve McQueen.

Wow. I had postponed this for a long time. It was not fun. But necessary, it’s a story that can’t be denied, forgotten or left unheard. Like reading Primo Levi, this is a bitter pill that should be faced up to.

5 Likes