What we watching? – Mudspike at the movies

Tonight just saw Southpaw with Jake Gyllenhaal, Rachel McAdams, Forest Whitaker and many many more great actors.

I was honestly impressed.

2 Likes

Watched this last night…

By the end I was a sobbing mess.
I can’t even remember the last timeI openly cried for a movie. Sorry- that’s not true… for a true story brought to the big screen.

It’s a movie everyone should watch.

4 Likes

I watched Greyhound on your recommendation @Sryan last night. Great film. Really enjoyed it. Nothing groundbreaking but very very enjoyable.
I think my boy will enjoy this one

7 Likes

Original Miami Vice is now our evening meal entertainment. :expressionless:

5 Likes

One of my favourite shows!
Another one is Magnum P.I. I have that one on DVD. Wish I could stream it somewhere…

2 Likes

My Mrs is watching that - it’s been running on TV for a while now.

1 Like

I think you can stream Magnum PI (Original) on Freevee, w hich is free (ad supported)

1 Like

Unfortunately I can only get the modern adaptation, in my corner of the world…

Prime has it - at least in the UK (ain’t cheap tho’)

**I thought so - Sky/NowTV also has it on - we signed up earlier this year on a special offer. Thought I’d spotted it somewhere else and that must have been where.

1 Like

I have Prime, but unfortunately no original Magnum P.I. I haven’t even considered the new version. Maybe I should?

Never seen the new version (remake?). We rarely bother with those sort of things - whether this, The Professionals, The Equalizer, The Sweeney, whatever - but we did watch a couple of films based on older series (Equalizer and Miami Vice) which were better than we expected.

Tonight we’re watching one of my action-comedy favourites - Midnight Run.

4 Likes

I love that movie!!

”His real name is Mosely.”
”I’M MOSELY!!”

Yaphet Kotto is the perfect stereotype movie fed! :smile:

5 Likes

@Troll, one doesn’t need to pay close attention to know how much I hate drones. THAT was the coolest thing I’ve seen or heard in ages. Thanks!

(Referring to drone delivery vid 7 days up in this thread)

5 Likes

I’ve been passing on this title because a lack of faith.

That made me rethink my movie priorities and I gave it a go…

You’re right! Better than JW, and I thought those were great. :+1:

3 Likes

We had a look at the description last night and I was bit surprised (I didn’t know what to expect), but it doesn’t seem like something we would normally watch. I’ll probably have a quick look one breakfast in the week.

1 Like

Top Gun: Maverick on Amazon Prime:

Saw it in the theaters last year and was pleasantly surprised to see that it was already available for streaming. It does lose a little bit on the small screen but it was definitely worth watching again. :sunglasses:

Wheels

3 Likes

It didn’t hold up for me. Maybe it WAS the small screen. The big screen did a better job of thrilling me and hiding the silliness. I gave up when Mav was thrown out of the bar.

2 Likes

I highly recommend watching it with a 6 yr old boy like obi. Especially when you’re both full of sugar

5 Likes

The “Talk to me Goose” lines affect me like a stab in the heart.

2 Likes