What we watching? – Mudspike at the movies

The opening act through “Where am I?”, “Earth” actually was more visceral than I remember. It was beautifully done. I didn’t appreciate what a total f-up Mav is when I watched this on the first pass. Jon Hamm, Ed Harris and the rest of the elder leadership were right about him. But he was still the man the moment needed. Two things kill it for me 1) The sad puppy-dog-locked-outside bar scene and 2) the douchy behavior of the young pilots. I’ve never met a fighter pilot remotely like any of them.

2 Likes

Why would you handcuff a baby and take its finger prints? :thinking:

2 Likes

Sven made a video in Low level heaven so I have been watching this

1 Like

Now this is one I am looking forward to:

7 Likes

I’ma prolly kill some Time w/ “65”,

I have this thing for Military and SciFi Movies/Shows.

ya know, stargate, star trek, terra nova, etc etc.

So Far in the last year, I’ve been to AMC Theaters 8 times, using the membership program.

Out of those 8 times, 2 were top gun maverick,
Out of those 8 times, 6 were of them I’d consider a waste of time, as the movies were sub par.

Oops, made a mistake, 9 times, forgot about Megan., Still 6 movies were a waste of time.

1 Like

Here’s one of the director Jalmari Helander’s earlier works. Short film about Santa Claus. See it to know what to expect from the Sisu-movie. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I’d hate for Disney to Ruin The Little Mermaid for my nieces, so I will have to see it twice.
Pre-Screen it, and if I think they didn’t ruin it too much, take my neices.

1 Like

That looks hella fun, but the nazis driving a T-55, isn’t that a bit… on the nose?

Also to be fair- as much as I like to see N@z! being killed ( and I like it a lot! ) - Finnish were sorta allied to them so… I give them a pass on this. Looks too much fun, and definitely not historical.

2 Likes

Red Sparrow

Tried to force myself to watch but the script and acting are well below average, and that is being kind…

Wheels

1 Like

Thanks, I’ve often wondered how they catch and train them.

2 Likes

Just watched 3 Days Of The Condor again - it ain’t bad.

4 Likes

I absolutely love it. Top notch, old school, spy games.
It didn’t age too gracefully though.

3 Likes

Looking forward to this in June:

The first one was good old ‘switch brain off’ and enjoy action and this one looks like it’s ramped it up a bit :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Cheers. The first one was OK, I thought the action sequences were well done and it was good to see a movie set in India (that isn’t a Bollywood production) for a change. But by half time it wasn’t anything I hadn’t already seen a hundred times. Still, based on the first one I will add this to the list of movies for when I just want to zone out.

2 Likes

OK. I’m definitely watching the SISU movie now :slight_smile:

1 Like

Brought out of necessity and my enemys enemy, is my friend, Finland and Germany were allies, until they weren’t.
I think the events in Sisu takes place during the Lapland war, in 1944, when Finland were fighting against Germany.

But, as you so eloquently put it:

Nope! :wink:

As a side note, the reason for the Finnish-German alliance was of course the Soviet invasion in 1939.
Soviet russia was expelled from the League of Nations, because of this…
Now, there’s a thought.

5 Likes

Agree, my main problem is that the first one ended up nicely with this “Is he alive? is that just a ghost?” - I’m quite bummed they went on with a sequel. Meh.

1 Like

Going classic tonight

5 Likes

Yeah, we’ve watched that a couple of times - not bad at all.