What we watching? – Mudspike at the movies

Interesting.

Are you sure you watched the full movie?

Asking because the “I’ll wait but not forever” part is a scene or two before the end. They ride off. …only to return for the final scene, and the end happens as described. I don’t know of any cut versions with a different end either.

Well I’m sure that I’ve not seen the marriage proposal and bar buying bit, and I’ve watched the one we have a number of times over the last couple of years - and I know I watched the titles cos I wanted to know some of the actors’ names.

Maybe ours is just an edited version. I will definitely check it again, though - just have to plug the hard drive into the telly.

I’ve noticed that TV cuts bits out regularly so it fits with their programming sched and to get adverts in, so maybe that’s what happened.

1 Like

Enjoyed this. As did another member of the family

6 Likes

NB WW1 shell case on the floor to right of tv. Converted into a vase somewhere in the Middle East after 1918. You can tell by the decoration - very Arab/Turkish. We have two plus sundry period items from the Western Front. I also have a few munitions from the areas where my three great uncles fell to artillery fire. All inert.

3 Likes

Finished season 1 yesterday.
Loved it!
Bring on season 2!!!

4 Likes

I Agree :popcorn: :beer:

1 Like

Just started it and it looks good.

2 Likes

About to start watching “Mr Inbetween”- does anyone knows it?

2 Likes

The absolute BEST show I watched in 2022. Love it!

1 Like

Sorry if I am dense- you mean Mr Inbetween, yes? Or it’s a reply to other posts?

Love it! It’s hilarious, witty and well done.

Surprisingly enough, my wife liked it as much as I did (not normally one for cursing, language and dirty humor, rather ladylike in her TV viewing) and has rewatched it more than once.

Wish they’d make more!

2 Likes

Ah brilliant! Thank you both! :smiley:

Yes! Sorry I keep confusing the reply buttons in here. Mr. Inbetween got it all and is very refreshing. Don’t judge it by the first 10 minutes alone, lol :rofl:

2 Likes

I waited a loooong time to start but I’ve been watching the Netflix Marvel shows for the first time now that they’re on Disney. Just about to finish Daredevil S3, then all that’s left is Punisher S2 and Jessica Jones S3 and I’ll have seen all 13 seasons they did.

1 Like

This film is worth going to see. In fact, if you do not rush out and organise a local showing or jump on a plane to UK to watch it, you are not an aviation person. If you live in UK, there is a showing at Woodhall Spa tomorrow ( @johnny ). Duxford at the weekend and about ten other shows across UK - listed in the link.

It is not a retelling of the dambusters story. It is a hitherto untold story from within the dambusters. The computer graphics are incredible. The humans far outclass Supercarrier, the aircaft, train attack , breached dam, attack on the Sorpe dam… I cannot recommend it enough.

If you see the initial showings the two directors speak afterwards live in the flesh. There are also two short films they throw in about making the film.

Go and see it

7 Likes

Oooh, I can not beleive that I did not know this existed… I watched the movie ‘The Magician’ years ago and loved it, it was really good for a low budget indie mockumentary.

I am definitely going to see how I can watch this.

2 Likes

The wife and I recently watched a 2022 documentary about the Lancaster and it included a brief interview of Johnny Jonson talking about the Sorpe Attack.

Bloody expensive ‘movie ticket’ for me to fly to the UK, but I will keep an eye out for any local showings. If anywhere in Australia showed it, I would be very surprised if it wasn’t on at the Australian War Memorial and that’s only a bit over an hour away.

2 Likes

If you look at the trailer the producers email is listed. The film was made to raise cash for the International Bomber Command Memorial and 617 Sqn Association. I am sure they would email it to Aussie to an appropriate organisation. At least one Aussie is in the credits I think.

2 Likes

I will start with enquiries to the AWM. They seem the most appropriate organisation from my end… especially since the Lancaster ‘G for George’ is one of their centrepieces.

2 Likes

Looks like Duxford is having a run of the film on the 20th. You lucky blokes over there. - Oops, I see that you mentioned that Scoop.

1 Like