What we watching? – Mudspike at the movies

Binged the first 3 episodes of Ted Lasso S3 last night. That show really has the uncanny ability to draw both a huge laugh and a few minutes later, a tear. It probably seems pretty ridiculous to Premiere League fans, but I’m fine enjoying it in ignorant bliss.

1 Like

NCIS on Netflix
https://www.netflix.com/title/70142386
Have watched the first 6 seasons of the 15 that are available at this time on Netflix.

1 Like

I watched Air this weekend on Amazon Prime It’s about Nike and how the Air Jordan shoes got started. It’s quite a compelling watch. I would recommend it.

6 Likes

Talk about a gamble that paid off big for Nike and Jordan.

Wheels

1 Like

So last night I watched “Fall – Fear Reaches New Heights” and it was entertaining but nothing to write home about.

Best part is definitely the casting- not in a sexist way, but they literally convey exactly what they should at first glance.

Tonight we are watching one of my old favourites from 1977 - The Deep. Not bad at only £2.50 on Prime. It isn’t exactly fantastic, but a nice old skullduggery and sunken treasures yarn. Plus I used to fancy Jacqueline Bisset something chronic back then!

5 Likes

You were not the only one.

Wheels

4 Likes

It kinda died off when Ziva, Tony, and then Abby Left,

After that, it’s been a steady rotation of supporting cast coming in and leaving within a season.

The show is likely about to be retired, as the character dynamics arent there no more, and as much as it pains me to say it, the work place allegations against Mark Harmon are continuing to build up, you got Pauly Perrette’s, then Jennifer Esposito’s, then Emily Wickersham came out about some things, Cote also mentioned she wanted to come back to NCIS but not if Mark Harmon was there.

Mark Harmon finally decided to move to the Producer role full time, but show producers realize the tease candy they have by asking him to come back.

Cote, also mentioned she’d be open to a role on another NCIS Show with Michael Weatherly, who also faced issues with complaints during his role on “Bull”.

CBS and a few other channels literally show NCIS for 8 or so hours a day a few days a week.

1 Like

Must have missed this one - now 4 episodes in - the dark humour is right up my street.

2 Likes

20 years is a good run and if this season, the 21st I believe, is its last I will not be disappointed to see it cancelled. The last couple of seasons my viewing of the show has been hit and miss since, as you have already mentioned, there has been so many cast changes.

Wheels

1 Like

Wow you were right. Absolutely brilliant.

Also started Mr. In Between aaaand… Yeah I hope it’s going to grow on me, as the first episode was… ok but not amazing.

1 Like

Watched “Sisu” this evening. All the best bits were in the trailer.
Still pretty good. But I was very excited for this one and felt a little let down.
Bloody trailers. Ruin everything

3 Likes

Oh man, Ray Stevenson died! While I’ve seen him in so many things over the past 20 years, he’ll always be Titus Pullo to me…

8 Likes

Yeah that was a punch in the stomach.

2 Likes

What!?
How did he die?

Yes, loved the Patriot. A fantastic series that ended far too soon. I guess the humor was beyond understanding for the masses and thus the bean counters. L’inspecteur est très chaud!

2 Likes

Sad news - also my hero in Rome - I have the sets 1 & 2 and have watched them many times - this calls for another viewing!
Apart from that, I thought he did great in Kill The Irishman, too.

I thought he was younger than 58.

1 Like

As Much as I am a bit of a Car geek and watched the Fast Movies.

Fast X was predictable in terms of return from the dead surprises and plot structure.

And to drag it out for another 2 theatrical releases, seems like a cash grab.

2 Likes

The whole series is a cash grab past tokyo drift :rofl:

2 Likes

Agree. He embodied the part and played it with ferocity.

1 Like