What we watching? – Mudspike at the movies

Rio Lobo on Amazon

Wheels

Another one on Amazon.
Can you guess which one from this screenshot from the beginning of the movie?

Wheels

1 Like

Running Man?

1 Like

Yep.
Hard to believe the movie is over thirty years old.
https://www.amazon.com/Running-Man-Arnold-Schwarzenegger/dp/B001LPAZL2/

Wheels

Star Trek: The Next Generation - Season 5 on Amazon Prime.
I have watched the first 6 episodes.

Wheels

1 Like

I finished up the first three Star Wars movies last night. The Phantom Menace was horrible, the next two were OK. Spoiler: So Darth Vader is both Luke and Leia’s father…never saw that one coming. :astonished:

3 Likes

Did you fall asleep during the middle of Return of the Jedi?

I just watched Family, the 4th season TNG episode where Jeremy Kemp plays Picard’s brother and Theodore Bikel plays Worf’s father. A really great episode written by Ron Moore, later known for his BSG reboot and now Outlander I think. Picard reveals just how much the assimilation by the Borg violated him and how difficult his recovery has been, something quite unusual in the era of “reset button” TV where nothing carried over to next week.

Brilliant acting by cast and guest stars and one of the more moving eps in all ST history.

4 Likes

Haven’t seen it in several years but for the most part it wasn’t all that funny anymore. I remembered every gag before it happened. Another problem I had was knowing almost every one of the actors in the film has passed away. In some instances decades ago…

Edit:
One thing I did notice that I never saw before was a Nixon for Governor banner near the end of the movie when they are chasing Spencer Tracy in their cabs. Don’t blink or you will miss it though.

Wheels

2 Likes

This is the movie where the guy kicks the bucket at the beginning?

:sunglasses::popcorn:

Yes it is. Funny part of that scene is that they did not have Jimmy Durante kick the bucket. They used a foot double. :rofl:

Wheels

Scheese - there’s a name I haven’t heard in a long time. I wonder how many reading this knows what kick the bucket means. :sunglasses:

It did go a long way down that hill.

Such a classic comedy. Have not seen it in years but remember it as wonderful. I have always loved the scene where they are all looking for the “big W.” LOL!

1 Like

Sadly it seems the Big W is long gone.

Wheels

3 Likes

If I ever have kids, if they ever ask what the '90’s were like, I’m going to show them this movie.

3 Likes

No, that’s not how you do it. Show them this instead:

Then insist that everything was monochrome and we communicated with title cards, just like we do now with phones and texting!

3 Likes

There is a bit in that film where they spraypaint a keyboard in desert camouflage. Young me thought that was THE HEIGHT of cool!
Bye bye first generation Microsoft natural keyboard… Hello mother screaming at idiot child all afternoon :joy::joy:

4 Likes

Hackers was to the 90s like Top Gun was to the USN.

4 Likes

Best analogy ever.

1 Like

The Sons of Katie Elder

Wheels

1 Like

:wink:

4 Likes