What we watching? – Mudspike at the movies

Netflix Original … Standup for Drummers …

Fred Armisen … 'nuff said … brilliant …

So in the episode of “Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee” I watched today, Jerry took Fred Armisen for a ride through Portland! (Fred has a show about Portland called “Portlandia”) Loved it.

Watching CCGC is like eating popcorn as each show is a vignette about an interesting car, a comedian and coffee, and I can watch several at a time. :grin:

Example …

Oh, and also, Jerry Seinfeld is a great host.

3 Likes

No spoilers, got tickets finally for the weekend - really looking forward to it!

2 Likes

Incredible numbers coming out of Netflix this year … they’ll spend as much as $8 billion to create almost 700 original movies and TV shows this year …

Seems like good news!

1 Like

Because it’s St. Patrick’s day, I’ll be watching Boondock Saints later today.

Man, it’s been ages since I watched Boondock Saints and All Saints Day and I just realized that one of the Saints is Daryl from The Walking Dead! (Norman Reedus) :slight_smile:

Time for an Irish Pub song! :smiley:

Anyhoo, speaking of current events, I think I’ll finally get around to watching “The Theory of Everything” tomorrow.

4 Likes

I refuse to acknowledge that there was a sequel. Much like The Matrix.

2 Likes

It’s been years since I watched it but I had a feeling there was a reason why I was embarrassed to mention it. :slight_smile:

Arrrrr, time for a hooligan song! :smiley:

4 Likes

Oh man that song fires me up! I used that as a walk-on song when I still fought, back in the day. That riff makes me wanna punch people in the face, kick their butts, wrestle em to the ground then tear off a limb. Fight!

Contemplating whether to watch the new Tomb Raider movie or not…

It looks very, very similar to the new game reboot.

Which made me think of this scene:
https://youtu.be/IXj9muy2gM4

Yeah it is based on the new games. I liked those a lot. Also Alicia Vikander is a pretty good actress, loved her in Ex Machina and the trailer looks cool. Also Walton Goggins is the bad guy. And he was very cool as Boyd Crowder in Justified.

1 Like

Going to watch the latest Pacific Rim movie tonight with some former colleagues.
I just expect it to be loud, senseless and explody-fun. :smiley:
I’m carrying along my inner child. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Have you seen the one with Julia Louis-Dreyfus? Had me grinning the entire time. Almost like they starred together in a culturally iconic sitcom for almost a decade. :smile:

2 Likes

Ok-Ooh boy.
Where to begin with… I was right.
In a few words: Nonsensical, over the top, brutal fun.

Few plot elements, interesting characters, a bit of Clint Eastwood, a LOT of very good special effects and HUGE FRAGGING ROBOTS beating the alien-motherloving hell out of… well everything.

PSA: better enjoyed without the brain switched on. Watch it like it was anime- minus some miniskirts and sailor uniforms.

3 Likes

Lol, ya … and I liked when she gave Jerry a big hug at the end and said, “I love you Jerry”. Julia is awesome.

Last episode I saw was with Sarah Silverman … someone I knew nothing about … but she seemed awesome as well!

It’s funny … I actually like to watch that show during weekend breakfasts with my morning coffee. :slight_smile: They go well together.

I’m glad you brought the subject up btw … I just noticed Netflix has all the episodes jumbled up into “Chapters” (?). They don’t follow the chronological order at all which I’m not too keen on.

2 Likes

Good to know - I’m planning on going to see it tomorrow. So, lots of popcorn and maybe bring my flask?

1 Like

Here kitty kitty

Alien, Directors Cut
Wow
Second best movie. Ever.

5 Likes

Yes! Really, you can watch it like it was a live-action version of evangelion.

The only sad thing is that Ron Pearlman character isn’t there this time…