Where Are You Photos [2023]

39 degrees Fahrenheit at 6:40 am. Plus there was ICE on my windshield.

Wheels

1 Like

Agreed. ISO 400 should be absolutely fine. In fact, you could try 800 and going down a full stop. It’s trial and error until you find the sweet spot for your gear. Another option would be to capture RAW images for higher dynamic range of your sensor/processor and then adjust in post. I have a 2013 Canon G15 that I’m teaching the kids with and do this with excellent results.

Now there’s a blurry image :laughing:. @wheelsup_cavu, don’t you live in the SW?

1 Like

Lol, actually that was the best of five pictures I took this morning. Live in SoCal and these temps are brutal for me. At the moment it is still only 41 degrees outside. :cold_face:

The view looking out over Norco is awesome though.

Wheels

6 Likes

Out in the plains states this week. Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas and Oklahoma.
Left OKC this morning and caught this from my window. By chance, I was flying aboard N167AN which is painted with a beautiful MoH livery.

11 Likes

Are you able to store it? Seems like something you could tidy up as best as you can for best presentation, sell in batches at retail prices over time and use some in your client projects as you go?

4 Likes

Post second sheep feed of the day, chilling with Lewis (as much as a sheepdog relaxes) watching the sun go down.

14 Likes

RAW is very much recommended. The blue sky is particularly susceptible to noise - even at low ISO, I can even see it in my RAW files at ISO 100 but a little NR with a colour filter mask gets rid of it. The best way to avoid noise is to expose your photos correctly in camera but of course there are times when that won’t work.

3 Likes

That’s the plan for about a third or half the stuff. I need to move a large portion wholesale to cover the transport cost.

5 Likes

Absolutely beautiful keets.

2 Likes

I’ll see if I can find equivalent features in GIMP. Lightroom looks interesting but I hate Adobe’s overpriced business model :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Stopped by Pearson again today - weather wasn’t cooperating with some snow flurries coming in, overcast and also not much air traffic.

However, something interesting I hadn’t seen before was this AN-124 that appears to be effectively “impounded” due to airspace bans. It flew down via Anchorage on February 26th, 2022 and hasn’t left since. I guess it has been moved around the airport a bit however - as I am sure I would have noticed it otherwise.

12 Likes

Nice find! Maybe we could ask it’s country of manufacture to take custody of it until the embargoes and hostilities lift. :rofl:

7 Likes

I so wish I could give that more than 1 like :smiley:

2 Likes

https://simpleflying.com/russian-volga-dnepr-antonov-an-124-impounded-canada/

3 Likes

No. Keep it till hostilities end THEN give it to ukraine. Or it will end up like the 225.

2 Likes

Eh, they might be able to make use of it- I mean keep it airworthy as a responsible custodian- in the meantime. I see a lot of airlift going into Poland with supplies and aid, I’m sure some borrowed supplemental lift might be appreciated.

3 Likes

So… Sun’s back! But we also had some rain and snow showers.

14 Likes

Frontside view of the Antonov - had to grab this from my camera, last shot was a roadside iPhone photo.

And here is a 787 for good measure:

14 Likes

Wales… or Bespin?

8 Likes

The Tibanna gas must flow!

4 Likes