Where You Are Photos (2019)

No. It looks more like June… Only darker.
July is the only month of the year when it is safe to do the heavy maintenance on the snow removal equipment.

7 Likes

That’s very fighter-like going down the chute with the boards out. I don’t recall ever doing that. We still had boots on the old Citation II I used to fly. That might explain it. As an old gf’s mom used to say, “you’re doin’ the Lord’s work” out there Beach!

1 Like

As per Discobot Directive #11412, I’ve annualized the topic to stop the universe collapsing on itself. RE: 5,000 Post Apocalypse - What To Do?

The original topic is locked up as tight as a gnat’s butt and is here:

We all used to look so much younger… :wink:

Thanks to all that post, and continue to post, in this topic. One thing that honestly surprised me about being part of Mudspike was how enjoyable it is to see the diverse places and things we all get up to. :mudspike:

4 Likes

A boring drive to the accountant’s office before work to talk tax returns became 200% more awesome when I added Danger Zone into the mix for a bit of a boost:

You laugh, but it totally worked :grin:

2 Likes

Working on a DoT funded research project.

3 Likes

Pensacola, FL…apparently this gal is the FBO Manager…

2 Likes

6 Likes

Got to fly both types in the same night (crew swap for duty time)…

7 Likes

On top of the mountain - Beech Mountain Ski Resort…came all the way up here to see The Hip Abduction again and they totally killed it…!

1 Like

Lol, I am betting she can probably do the job as well or better than some you have had dealings with in the past.

Wheels

How are the slopes up there?

Apparently they were great up until today…but now it’s raining cats and dogs…

Took a short trip out to the west coast of Japan with my ancient film camera.

(A stone with a rope wrapped around it like this means “do not go further than this point” at Japanese tea houses/gardens.)

8 Likes

I’ve been slowly getting back into photography again and editing RAW files, it’s been a decade since I’ve done RAW editing and a bit shorter since I really used my old camera a lot.

I used to have a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ-8, now I’ve got a DMC-FZ-300. What a world of change! Mostly got a bridge camera to save on weight and have a lot of options when out and about on my motorcylce :smiley:

6 Likes

Great photo’s… and not a single piece of litter that I can see in any of them. We could learn a lot here in Texas in that regard.

1 Like

It’s definitely cleaner around here despite the lack of trash cans. There’s still a lot of litter to be found in certain urban neighborhoods.

Trying to figure out the purpose of that big stone which is tied up outside that window in the second to last picture.

lol …… note to self, read what’s written underneath before posting.

If you aren’t doing it yourself where do you even find anyone who actually develops film anymore. Around here it’s as rare as hens teeth.

Wheels

I edited that in later so it may have taken a while to appear :wink:

Pretty much everywhere here in Japan. Big electronic stores like Yodobashi and Bic will do it. There’s still camera-specialty chains like “Camera no Kitamura,” and even places that do prints from smartphones and DSLRs that will also develop for you. Analog seems to still have a big hobby following here.

1 Like